STAR TREK 2d20
Page 32 of 32 First ... 22303132

How can I correctly write this formula?
    My A is not being picked up.
    I wanted a result rolled that has as a starting point -
    /die 2d8s4
    and then add to that another dice string which is -
    the value of [a] less 2 and then in a similar format but with a d6s4 .

I seem to just be getting my extra bit (good on that front) but only a single d6s4 in addition , irregardless of the number I input ,I assume my number input is [a].

Blog Entries
    Sometimes you have to sully spell out the source eg:

/die ([DAMAGE archaic ammo|a]-2)d6s4+2d8s4

You cannot just add more /die commands you need to use standard syntax.

I am trying to make a roll that adds to a value whenever player rolls it. In this case I have built a few "Stats" called Blood, Echo, Fortune, Mind, and Supplies, and put them in the stats box. Initially I was building this as a counter, so that players could increment (since generally they will increase this score), and am using the counter, e.

Blood Resistance Counter.png

I then built a roll using "add" at the front of the string - there are four different rolls, a d4, d6, d8, and d10. The string I wrote is pretty simple, and relies on two stats - I am asking it "add [Blood|e] 1d4 - ([Blood Protection|e])" I want it to add to the counter in e by 1d4, minus the counter in another stat called Blood Protection, which also utilizes a counter.

Now, it took me a while to sort this out, but I managed to get it to work - I am pretty excited by that outcome.

Initial status:

Blood and Blood Protection Stats.png

Rolls:

Stress Rools against Blood Resistance Work.png

Results on Character Sheet:

Blood Resistance after Damage.png

But that appears to be something only I as the GM can do. When players attempt to roll this against one another or against a NPC, they get "s'Could not find target state' | s'Blood'. I don't know why the roll works when I make it, but not when a player does. Any suggestion, or experience with this that could lead me to a place where players can make this roll?

As an experiment, I updated the dice string to increment another field on the stat instead of the counter in |e. I used "add [Blood|a] 1d4 - ([Blood Protection|a]). That roll works fine for me, and I have not yet tested it on a player - hoping to do that today (See edit below - this did not actually work for me). If it works, I will probably just resort to using this field instead, but I thought I (and they) liked the feel of the counters. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

*Edit on 5/5/ around 4:14 PM: actually it turns out that using "add [Blood|a] 1d4 - ([Blood Protection|a])" gives me the ""s'Could not find target state' | s'Blood' " error, and the value will not update. Interestingly, if I set it as "add [Blood|a] 1d4 - ([Blood Protection|e])" it still works for me, but I have not tested this with players.
    Last edited by domesthenus; May 5th, 2024 at 21:16.

Blog Entries
    So players can only change/edit/update/delete records they own.
    Players only own their character sheets and any notes they create (and sometimes other extensions like Player Agency will add additional data types players can own).
    So players cannot directly edit another character or NPC.
    Under the hood there is code (OOBM) that allows things like damage rolls to be executed as the GM so that they work.

Please share your campaign db.xml and full steps as to how I should test the use case.
    The add command should be using this OOBM but maybe its not working or has broken.

Thread Information