5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by mdrichey View Post
    Bumping, in case it was missed. If it is not possible, no big deal.
    It indeed was missed. I added this functionality in the latest update, it now rolls twice on the table if the Controlled Chaos feature is present.

Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    It indeed was missed. I added this functionality in the latest update, it now rolls twice on the table if the Controlled Chaos feature is present.
    Awesome thanks.

While I like the idea of the extension, I think it would be a godsend if you added two more pieces of functionality.

1) Have the check occur whenever a "Cast" button is pressed. By having to press 2 buttons on each cast, there is a requirement for the Player to remember to perform the check each time. Better to automate the process so that players and DMs don't have to remember anything, it just happens.

2) Have an effect that could be added to a PC or NPC sheet.
    Example: [EFF: SURGE: <dice> #,<schools list>; ATLEVEL | UNDERLEVEL | OVERLEVEL: #; ABILITY: <ability>; TABLE: <tablename>]

The combination of these 2 functions would substantially improve the extension and allow DMs to play around with Wild Magic on all NPCs, not just sorcerer NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeback View Post
    While I like the idea of the extension, I think it would be a godsend if you added two more pieces of functionality.

1) Have the check occur whenever a "Cast" button is pressed. By having to press 2 buttons on each cast, there is a requirement for the Player to remember to perform the check each time. Better to automate the process so that players and DMs don't have to remember anything, it just happens.

2) Have an effect that could be added to a PC or NPC sheet.
    Example: [EFF: SURGE: <dice> #,<schools list>; ATLEVEL | UNDERLEVEL | OVERLEVEL: #; ABILITY: <ability>; TABLE: <tablename>]

The combination of these 2 functions would substantially improve the extension and allow DMs to play around with Wild Magic on all NPCs, not just sorcerer NPCs.
    These were both considerations when I fist made the extension, but I wasn't able to add them for a few reasons.

1) Not all spells on player sheets have a cast or damage button in FG (some spells don't have any FG effects at all), so this would make it impossible for those spells to cause a WMS check. But all spells do have the star button next to them, so that's why the star button is what triggers the WMS check.

2) As far as I'm aware, FG doesn't distinguish between NPC spells and NPC abilities, there would be no way to detect when an NPC casts a spell and no way to check what level or school that spell was. And since not all spells have attacks/saves or do damage, some NPC spells wouldn't trigger a WMS this way.
    Last edited by GEONE; April 30th, 2024 at 00:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeback View Post

I use Arcane Ward extension with this and there is a button that does both cast posted to chat and ticks off the spell slot. Which triggers this feature if they are a wild mage.

I find that habit on players is very normal.
    Works kinda like the cast to the left but does a bit more making it more likely to do it.
    I see no way of automating this more because of the things noted above.

Thread Information