STAR TREK 2d20

Question about NPC spells.

Hi guys.

I just got the full version and I'm very impressed with the programs but I'm having some problems figuring out how to keep track of NPC/Monster spells and abilities.

Is there a way to assign spells and spell-like abilities to NPC's and monsters? And will the combat tracker help keep track of them?

Ummm, not really.

I've put spells into the Personalites first tab. Just edit it and add the spells like:

1st: magic missle, color spray
    2nd: xxx, xxx
    3rd:

ect.

What I've been doing for high level casters is making a cheet sheet with all the spells listed and notes for duration, range, effect ect. and O's for how many of each level they can cast. As the cast spells I X one out and keep track on the sheet.

rv

Aw shucks. Well here's a request for that in FG 3

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    I've put spells into the Personalites first tab. Just edit it and add the spells like:

1st: magic missle, color spray
    2nd: xxx, xxx
    3rd:
    I do the same, but make them links to the spells in the "d20 Spells" book.

The combat tracker helps with the spells they've cast that have a duration, through using the "effects" section.

If it's an NPC that the PCs are fighting, then I don't usually have a problem remembering which spells have been cast during the combat (and I've always got the chat log to remind me). If it's a long-term NPC travelling with the party, it's probably best to create them as a PC to get the full character sheet functionality.
    Last edited by Callum; December 4th, 2007 at 10:39.

Like Callum for a complicated spell casting NPC/Monster I will do a round by round on the main tab of the personality with links to the spells and abilities. I find the links to be very helpful.

I just can't spend the time to create them for someone that will (probably) only last for one fight.

Well, I can't send that amount of time at home in FG. I can spend more time at work writting all the spells down on paper and making notes.

rv

Thread Information