DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    I have a weird (and maybe stupid) question about how NPCs are supposed to work with vehicles. Take the SAMAS pilot. The stats of that NPC are just the pilot. How do we put him in the SAMAS vehicle? Do the stats just have to be adjust manually every time you want the party to face an SAMAS pilot or is there something I'm missing. The same goes for UAR-1 Enforcer Bots. Is there a way to combine them, or do I just need to create a custom NPC with the adjustments?

Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    I have a weird (and maybe stupid) question about how NPCs are supposed to work with vehicles. Take the SAMAS pilot. The stats of that NPC are just the pilot. How do we put him in the SAMAS vehicle? Do the stats just have to be adjust manually every time you want the party to face an SAMAS pilot or is there something I'm missing. The same goes for UAR-1 Enforcer Bots. Is there a way to combine them, or do I just need to create a custom NPC with the adjustments?
    Put the vehicle on the Combat Tracker and then you can drag the SAMAS pilot onto the Pilot section.

Screenshot_20220325_224751.png

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Put the vehicle on the Combat Tracker and then you can drag the SAMAS pilot onto the Pilot section.

Screenshot_20220325_224751.png
    That is super cool. Thank you!

That is super cool. Thank you!
    Pretty certain Ikael needs thanking for that, its a Savage Worlds feature in Fantasy Grounds.

So, I managed to get this to work with the UAR-1 and skycycle, etc. That's great. What do we do for SAMAS pilots? It's just treated like armor and we can't add that to the NPC record. Do we just have to modify the NPC to have the armor's stats and weapons? It seems weird that there wouldn't be a way to just apply SAMAS changes to a pilot's NPC card, unless, again, I'm just missing something.

So, I managed to get this to work with the UAR-1 and skycycle, etc. That's great. What do we do for SAMAS pilots? It's just treated like armor and we can't add that to the NPC record. Do we just have to modify the NPC to have the armor's stats and weapons? It seems weird that there wouldn't be a way to just apply SAMAS changes to a pilot's NPC card, unless, again, I'm just missing something.
    I'm at work so I can't check but the NPC SAMAS pilot stats already include the armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    I'm at work so I can't check but the NPC SAMAS pilot stats already include the armour.
    The ARMOR is there, but the stats and weapons are not. So, no d12+4 strength, light rail gun, mini missile, etc.

It's not a huge deal. I can create my own NPC with these stats, I just wondered if I was missing something. Obviously, you'd want to have stats for the pilot when he's out of the armor. That's why I was wondering if there was some way to apply the template, similar to adding the pilot to the UAR-1 as a vehicle.

Are you targeting the pilot or the vehicle? If you target the pilot (or gunner) it will use the NPC stats. Vehicle stats don't normally apply to characters in them.
    There's also the option of using an effect on the NPC.
    Code:
    [Heavy Armor +7]
    btw, do you use Chilhelm's Chase & Combat extension? You may find it very useful.
    C4: Chilhelm's Chase & Combat Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    Are you targeting the pilot or the vehicle? If you target the pilot (or gunner) it will use the NPC stats. Vehicle stats don't normally apply to characters in them.
    There's also the option of using an effect on the NPC.
    Code:
    [Heavy Armor +7]
    btw, do you use Chilhelm's Chase & Combat extension? You may find it very useful.
    C4: Chilhelm's Chase & Combat Collection
    I’m not sure where you’re going with this. I’m saying that the stats aren’t even correct. A SAMAS pilot doesn’t have the d12+4 strength unless you manually give it to him. There is no SAMAS vehicle. There is an item with the armor and weapons, but you can’t apply that to an NPC. The only thing the SAMAS pilot has is the +10 armor from the suit.

I’m not sure where you’re going with this. I’m saying that the stats aren’t even correct. A SAMAS pilot doesn’t have the d12+4 strength unless you manually give it to him. There is no SAMAS vehicle. There is an item with the armor and weapons, but you can’t apply that to an NPC. The only thing the SAMAS pilot has is the +10 armor from the suit.
    Like I said I'm at work and can't check. Look in the Player's Guide at the start. I think there is mention in the Fantasy Grounds notes about armour and stats.

Thread Information