5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Startup Error with DA Accessories

Okay, I'm a pretty new FG2 user, so I'm not sure I'm doing everything right. I recently download the FG2 software and installed. Found the directories to add things to under Application Data.

I placed the folders (DA_MSRD from the free d20 Modern game; and DGA040SavageWorldsII from the Savage Worlds purchased product) into the 'rulesets' folder.

When I load FG2, I select the option to create a character and try to load. I get the FG2 splash screen and the following error:

Similarly, when I try to load the Modern SRD, I get the following:

Anyone know what I might have done wrong?

Just in case, I uninstalled FG2 and re-installed from a fresh download. Still the same thing.

Thanks for any help!

Hi, I can help with the modern ruleset problem, it's for FG1 and not FG2 so won't work with FG2.

The Savage Worlds ruleset, I'm not sure. The folder (and all its contents) that should have been put in the ruleset directory is "Savage Worlds" which is in SavageWorlds_FG2_Final.zip.

Hope that helps.

MB

Previously: MurghBpurn

Hi,

For the SW ruleset there are 2 zip files. One is the one you downloaded and the 2nd is inside of that one. The 2nd one you want to unzip into your FGII ruleset folder. It should create a SW directory and put the files into it.

The .mod files that come with it go into the module directory.

Hope that helps.

rv

MB got it right with the d20 Modern one - the package available for download from the DA site is for FG1.05 and not FGII.

As for the SW problem - I think MB nailed it right as well - sounds like you placed the wrong folder into the rulesets folder.
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Modern:
    Ahh...FG1 vs. FG2...got it. Well, I was trying to decide whether I wanted this campaign to be SW or Modern...doesn't appear that a FG2 Modern is available, so that just might settle it right there.

SW:
    I see the inner zip file now. Put it in place and the SW changes load up just fine. Thanks for the help on that, everyone.

Didn't realize that I didn't know what to do with the MOD files either, so thanks for heading that one off at the pass!

Thread Information