DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Tokens

Tokens

I create tokens with the Tokentool and they look very nice but i have a question...the DM of my game told me that the tokens need a control file so that the rest of the players can see them is this true?? we still use the version 1.05f because of the ruleset but i have played in other games and the DM used some tokens that i build and no problem!! he just puts the tokens in the shared folder and i can see them...now who´s wrong...?
    Thanks
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

You are right. You just drop the tokens into the shared folder for ones you want the players to see and in the host file for those you want to keep to yourself. When you drop the token onto a map, it transfers the token over to the clients.

There have been issues at times where tokens wouldn't transfer right. Usually a restart of FG on one side or the other would fix.

rv

Well, the DM is *always* right. But if you have made a token that matches the scale of the rest of the the tokens then, yes he should be able to drop it into his shared tokens folder and have it show up. But probably it will show up in the top level box unless all the players in the campaign delete the file that starts tokens_ that is kept in the Campaigns Folder in the Current Campaign usersettings folder ( ah, the bliss of not worrying about that file in FG2).

Thanks a lot!!
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Ok now, he continues to say that the tokens don´t show up to the players maybe there is some problem with the ruleset??? because he made the ruleset and maybe there is something not working well...??

Not to get off topic, but if you have some time I would like some feedback on some dragon tokens I created. I used the "Photoshop Token Creator Action" from Digital Adventures. It gives it a nice edge!

Thanks!

Alto

https://www.altobanor.com/FG_tokens.htm

I REALLY like that top one (black but with flames coming out). The blue one is pretty good. The red one is just ok. I like the bottom frost one.

rv

Being a complete noob with this program, I used the Token Actions to determine the size of each picture. Is there a standard size for each type of character or monster? (By the way, anyone can download the tokens. I freely give them away.)

I used:

50 x 50 Character Tokens
    100 x 100 Large
    200 x 200 Huge
    215 x 215 Gargantous
    265 x 265 Colossus

Is there a certain size for character portraits?

Alto

Anything will work but you want to keep the dimentions the same (i.e 50x50) or the portrait will warp when made by FG.

Someone way back when said 63x63 worked well for portraits and that is what I usually use.

rv

Thread Information