DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    IMO, pregens are almost mandatory for one-shot or pick-up games: Otherwise you eat up an enormous amount of time making characters.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Gaming Brouhaha
    Time Zone: GMT+1

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo Pepper
    IMO, pregens are almost mandatory for one-shot or pick-up games: Otherwise you eat up an enormous amount of time making characters.
    Yes, after this I would agree wholeheartedly. For any sort of one-shot, pregens are the way to go. It's easy enough to tweak a few things on the fly if players want to customize them a bit.

Still, it was a valuable learning exercise to go through the process of character generation. I have a little better idea of what pitfalls may lie ahead for next time.

One big thing is that if players don't have their own copy of the ruleset, they won't be able to see the character creation rules like skill lists, edges, hindrances, and gear. If they don't have the actual book at home, it makes chargen a bit tricky - just something to plan for. Fortunately with SW this is pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropico
    From what I've seen in so far when you go for a one-shot it's almost necessary to 'jump in' the middle of the action and keep the pace pretty brisk. So when I saw us spending most of our time on the info gathering at the docks, I did suspect we would get cut off early.
    Yeah, if I'm going to run a one shot again, I'll definitely work on the pacing a bit, and cut down on the "legwork". Still, the role-playing part was fun, and that maybe why I dragged it out a bit longer than was necessary. You're right though for one shots, dropping right into the action is the way to go.

Glad to hear everyone had fun. If there are some times people are available within the next week, let me know and we can schedule part two.

Quote Originally Posted by GoOrange
    One big thing is that if players don't have their own copy of the ruleset, they won't be able to see the character creation rules like skill lists, edges, hindrances, and gear. If they don't have the actual book at home, it makes chargen a bit tricky - just something to plan for. Fortunately with SW this is pretty easy.
    Hey GoOrange/Waldo/everyone take a look at this!!

I won't explain what it is so you can be pleasantly surprised But suffice to say I used it with a couple friends last night for a quick face-to-face skirmish where real character creation was just not worth it, and it turned out a blast and a half.

With a little creative use of image sharing and tokens (for the chips) this could be the ideal way to get newbie people making characters on the fly and quickly! Anyway just an idea obviously some ready-to-go pregens would be the de-facto plan B.

Yeah that is cool. Would have help me alot.

?

I'm around all day today if people are interested in part 2.

I'll be available: 10am-5pm EDT (GMT-4)

So am I, you guys set up a time and I can be there

sadly im on a heavy work day today, but by all means feel free to go on without me with Kurosawa as an NPC or absent or any way you like

Send me an email if you have an opening. I am available this labor day.

[email protected]

I'm available until about 4pm tonight..
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Thread Information