5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by GoOrange
    I'm still a bit confused about the CSRD. (I know what the WotC SRD is, I've perused the downloadable files). Do you have a few examples of important things that are included in the new FG2 CSRD product that aren't included in the D20 ruleset that came with the FG2 product?
    I'll take a moment to expand on the differences. The d20 rules that come with FG cover the core rules including spells, monsters, magic items, and some basic rules. I think it's fair to say that the modules that come with FG are certainly enough to get you started playing 3.5e AD&D.

If you've had an opportunity to review the documents that WotC published at their SRD site, then you also know there is a lot more information with regards to building campaigns, rules for movement, terrain, planes of existance. In addition to that there are advanced rules for Psionics, Divine and Epic classes. The Complete SRD is ALL of that text assembled into loadable modules for use with Fantasy Grounds 2 basic d20 ruleset.

The modules are divided into Basic Rules, Monsters, Spells, and Magic Items - similar to what you're used to with the modules that come with FG2 but with all the additional text, tables, and information presented in the SRD. Additionally there are 3 modules not found in the FG2 core which are Psionics, Divine, and Epic. These include not only rules for playing and DMing in those settings but also additional monsters, spells, and magic items.

Hope this helps clarify a little more for you what you'll be getting with the Complete SRD.

To play with the SW Ruleset, does every single player need to buy and install it, or just the GM?

Quote Originally Posted by heruca
    To play with the SW Ruleset, does every single player need to buy and install it, or just the GM?
    This is my question as well. I know in FG1 it was just the DM but I thought this was changing in FGII.

And what about the Savage Worlds ruleset? Does just the DM need to buy it or does every player as well?

rv

Curious about this too. I'll get the SW set anyway but it would be nice to know what the various type of modules are: client, common or db.

Only the GM needs to purchase the ruleset. However, with how modules work, if the Players want access to the rules locally, they will also have to purchase a package.

How it will be packaged for World Wide Release is something that Thore is better equipped to answer. Bear in mind that how this is packaged right now is for the Gen Con release only, and may not reflect the actual release when he gets back.

Hope that made some sense :S
    Last edited by Kalan; August 15th, 2007 at 18:58.
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    Curious about this too. I'll get the SW set anyway but it would be nice to know what the various type of modules are: client, common or db.
    There are three "modules" - Player's, GM's, and Quick Reference. Player is Client, GM is db, and Quick Reference is common.
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Perfect!

I've preorded the new $10 SW rules book from Amazon and will get the FG ruleset as well since the players don't HAVE to buy it. I'm willing to get it so I can run them though a quick game as a break from DnD but don't want them to have to pay for the ruleset if we are not going to use it.

Thanks for the answers!

rv

Quote Originally Posted by richvalle
    Perfect!

I've preorded the new $10 SW rules book from Amazon and will get the FG ruleset as well since the players don't HAVE to buy it. I'm willing to get it so I can run them though a quick game as a break from DnD but don't want them to have to pay for the ruleset if we are not going to use it.

Thanks for the answers!

rv
    Glad I can help
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Kalan
    Only the GM needs to purchase the ruleset. However, with how modules work, if the Players want access to the rules locally, they will also have to purchase a package.
    Sounds good. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Thanks for clarifying about the CSRD and answering my other questions!

Thread Information