DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Messing with Star Wars Saga Edition...

Hi all,
    Just picked up Saga Edition a few days ago and want to start up a solo campaign with a friend of mine. We figure FGII is the best way to go so I've been messing around with ruleset building. Not much done but I sort of created some buttons that I liked so I thought I'd show them around. Bear in mind that most of the interface is just placeholder images right now...including the character selection dialog. Just playing around.

While I play with graphic ideas I've been mucking about with XML/LUA to see if I can figure out the character sheet and how to modify it for SWSE.

Will post more as it progresses. As much as I'd like to I don't suppose I can ever share this, though, since I'm ripping WoTC/Lucas images liberally and I don't think any part of SWSE is Open Content.
    M

Edit: BTW, take a look at how my laptop's cheapo graphics card is mangling the rendering of the dice. Posted about it in the support forum but thought I'd point it out here in case any developers read this thread. If this issue could ever be fixed I'd kneel in reverence.
    Last edited by mearrin69; July 4th, 2007 at 20:40.

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69
    Hi all,
    Just picked up Saga Edition a few days ago and want to start up a solo campaign with a friend of mine. We figure FGII is the best way to go so I've been messing around with ruleset building. Not much done but I sort of created some buttons that I liked so I thought I'd show them around. Bear in mind that most of the interface is just placeholder images right now...including the character selection dialog. Just playing around.

While I play with graphic ideas I've been mucking about with XML/LUA to see if I can figure out the character sheet and how to modify it for SWSE.

Will post more as it progresses. As much as I'd like to I don't suppose I can ever share this, though, since I'm ripping WoTC/Lucas images liberally and I don't think any part of SWSE is Open Content.
    M

Edit: BTW, take a look at how my laptop's cheapo graphics card is mangling the rendering of the dice. Posted about it in the support forum but thought I'd point it out here in case any developers read this thread. If this issue could ever be fixed I'd kneel in reverence.
    Please keep us up to date - I'm interested in seeing how you do things....

Little progress. I got the item and npc sheets into the right format. Background images still look funky - hadn't finished the charsheet frame and these use that image. Images for npc sheet attached. It basically follows the statblock from SWSE. I'm not 100% happy with these but it's a start. Still learning about anchoring and I'll tighten it up as I figure things out.

Someone was kind enough to share with me his WIP ruleset and I think he had made some progress on the character sheet so I think I'll tackle that next.

Eventually I plan to add lists for planets and ships/vehicles. BTW, is there a way to place an image on these windows (i.e. picture of Coruscant or MFalcon) or do I just have to place a link to an image in the imagelist? Haven't looked into it yet but if anyone knows the easy answer I thought I'd ask
    M
    Last edited by mearrin69; July 7th, 2007 at 21:54.

To place an image on a windowclass, use the genericcontrol class. Take a look in the online documentation, or give me a shout if you need some help.

Cheers

Stuart
    (Foen)

Thanks for the tip - will check it out.

FYI, this is progressing a bit though I don't have any more screenshots to show yet. Been working on the character sheet and have made a fair bit of progress. All of the scripting business was throwing me so I've stripped most of the automation out and am adding things back in as I come to understand them.
    M

Been working on the character sheet. Thanks to joshuha for help getting heavy load to work. Skills still not fully up to SWSE speed but they work for now.
    M

Few more shots...

Hi all,
    Few more screen grabs. Final buttons (the big ones, small ones need work) for the tools sidebar, WIP shot of combat tracker, and some tokens.
    M

Love your token box Mearrin!

Thanks! The token box itself is mostly a placeholder but the tokens are part of my growing collection. Hope to have a better box someday but I actually don't have a lot of ideas for SW-appropriate imagery for it.
    M

the blank slot to mark in Skill page is only for trainned or for skill focus too?

Thread Information