DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Bugs in ambient lighting mask process

I have found that during complex masking sessions occasionally see that the system has created multiple "lighting" layers. When any of the extra lighting layers become selected the mask is no longer edited because all of the data is still on the original layer. I will see if I can get specific reproduction steps when I continue to test.

I have also seen that sometimes when using the alt-click freehand masking tool for fine details that the starting point will be offset from the actual location clicked. This is most noticeable when working at relatively high zoom levels.

Windows 10
    1080p resolution
    144 Hz refresh
    [TEST] v4.1.0 ULTIMATE (2021-03-11)
    5E, new campaign, only fresh Curse of Strahd module loaded
    THEME: FG Simple Gray
    No other extensions
    LAN server, no connections

Do you have any pictures that you can share? (I usually use Windows Snip (Windows + Shift + S))
    Or exact steps to recreate?

Thanks,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    I see the issue with the starting point of free form masks being offset while holding ALT every time I use it. It doesn’t start the mask immediately, so the first few coordinates are ignored. I was planning to add a ticket to address it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Do you have any pictures that you can share? (I usually use Windows Snip (Windows + Shift + S))
    Or exact steps to recreate?

Thanks,
    JPG
    I see that Doug has recreated the second issue. I don't know that there's a surefire way to reproduce the multiple layers bug, but will mess with it tonight after work. In my experience while masking, and moving back between mask/reveal tools, at the end of the process I often found myself with 2 or 3 layers. All but the first seemed to be empty and could be deleted, but if you didn't realize what was happening and ended up selecting a layer other than the first you would no longer be able to edit the masking layer.

I'll try to get a video or at least an example where I see it happen in the moment and can give better details.

Steps to reproduce multiple ambient mask layer bug:

1) Go to ambient lighting, turn on, and begin masking process.
    2) change to a different tab in the side bar (maybe unnecessary?)
    3) switch to a different layer, such as a FX layer which is what I did
    4) return to ambient lighting tab
    5) click Hide area button, and select area to mask
    6) a new Ambient mask layer will be created - Mask data IS stored on this layer, which I previously had incorrect.
    7) the FX (or other) layer and the new, duplicate ambient mask layer will BOTH be selected in the sidebar

Hopefully this helps!

Thread Information