DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: 4.1 GPU Spike

Sure, see the attached 4.1 campaign. If you need any further info just ask

Steps to reproduce:
    - Open the image/map in the campaign (should work with any other too)
    - Enable LoS
    > See drastic increase in GPU usage (even without a single point of LoS) --> LoS in 4.1 seems to hog way more resources than in 4.0.
    - Enable Lighting
    > See an even more drastic increase in GPU usage (even without a single point of Lighting)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Does LoS CPU load decrease in return for increased GPU load (4.0 vs. 4.1)?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    Sure, see the attached 4.1 campaign. If you need any further info just ask

Steps to reproduce:
    - Open the image/map in the campaign (should work with any other too)
    - Enable LoS
    > See drastic increase in GPU usage (even without a single point of LoS) --> LoS in 4.1 seems to hog way more resources than in 4.0.
    - Enable Lighting
    > See an even more drastic increase in GPU usage (even without a single point of Lighting)
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Does LoS CPU load decrease in return for increased GPU load (4.0 vs. 4.1)?
    Just tested on a Curse of Strahd Module Map. Token Movement with only LoS seems to be a bit more smooth but still going 100% CPU Core/Thread if you hold down an arrow key for fast movement.
    I think this was mentioned several times in other places and I want don't want to start another discussions in this thread but having HWMonitor the whole time open I can say most performance hiccups ('slow' initial campaign loading, several seconds loading when opening things in the asset menu, etc.) correlate with a 99%-100% utilazation of one CPU Thread. I know multi-threading is not the easiest part of programming, but I think there could be huge gains in responsiveness and performance. Just my 2 cents.

If someone wants anything further tested, just tell me
    Last edited by Zarestia; March 16th, 2021 at 17:39. Reason: word

4.0 - No LoS, no lighting:
    4.1 - No LoS, no lighting:

4.0 - LoS, no lighting:
    4.1 - LoS, no lighting:

4.1 LoS calculation seems to use considerably more GPU processing compared to 4.0, while CPU load seems about the same.

This is a comparison of the same map (imported campaign from 4.0 to 4.1), just one PC token, no NPC tokens, no movement on the map (just display). Nvidia RTX 2070 Super, power-saving disabled (fixed clock-rate).
    Last edited by Weissrolf; March 17th, 2021 at 16:12.

Please note that for the issue reported by Zarestia in post #3 along with the data provided in post #11; @cpinder made some adjustments to the lighting blur calculations to improve performance in the most recent build pushed today.

Regards,
    JPG

That improved GPU load considerably. Maybe slightly higher CPU load, though?

No LoS, no lighting:

LoS, no lighting:

LoS, lighting:

Thread Information