Starfinder Playlist
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789
    Right, it should stay monochrome for 5e as well as far as I know. And yeah it does look like a SHIFT move (though it wasn't). There must be something wonky going on in the background.

Actually, animated GIFs are actually larger files to download and less useful than video files (like MP4s) since there is no clear beginning/end.

While using the different toggles independently may not be working 100%; is there a particular reason to be switching between them like that or just testing edge cases?

Regards,
    JPG

I was looking at 4.1 vs Live- like most, I have been long awaiting lighting and vision. I was looking at the 'brightness' of my maps. It seems that in 4.1, the LOS darkens the map without application of ambient light. Looking at this in Live, it didn't appear to do this. Is this intended?

LOS_Darkening.png

Sorry about the format confusion. In retrospect I should have left a bit of room at the end to make it clear it ended before restarting the gif (I've never done videos before... maybe I should look into that for the future).

I was mainly just testing edge cases here. Prompted primarily by that weird darkvision bug I mentioned in the latter part of the post.

The takeaway is this:
    LoS+Lighting = smooth
    LoS alone = smooth
    Lighting alone = not smooth.

You wouldn't ever really toggle that in-game. I was just doing it there to showcase the differences between them. And it's not even much of a problem considering that needing lighting but no line of sight is a very niche situation. And even then you could do that by just disabling the walls layer.
    Last edited by Megaprr; March 20th, 2021 at 03:39.

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    I was looking at 4.1 vs Live- like most, I have been long awaiting lighting and vision. I was looking at the 'brightness' of my maps. It seems that in 4.1, the LOS darkens the map without application of ambient light. Looking at this in Live, it didn't appear to do this. Is this intended?

LOS_Darkening.png
    Are you sure that's the live channel? Both the top and bottom pictures seem to have the new sidebar with the lighting toggles. That's not in the live channel (to my knowledge).

EDIT: And yeah, the picture differences kinda showcases what I was talking about in my post. Toggling either LoS or lighting enables the walls feature (which in itself shades the whole map a bit if you don't have a token selected).
    Last edited by Megaprr; March 20th, 2021 at 03:44.

@estrolof,

Were any tokens selected when you were comparing? The reason I ask is because the map is supposed to be shaded slightly when lighting/LoS on to indicate FoW regions.

Regards,
    JPG

@Moon Wizard Should I start another thread regarding the darkvision bug? I'm thinking maybe this LoS feedback one isn't the right place for it since it's not really LoS related...

Probably; this thread is so convoluted that it's hard to track. In fact, I'm going to close the thread to make sure each issue gets it's own thread.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information