DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 59 of 109 First ... 949575859606169 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post
    I'm getting what's in the code and what's displayed on the desktop confused.
    Almost every ruleset works this way, CoreRPG does a huge amount of work in every ruleset.

Look how big CoreRPG is compared to D&D 3.5E

@damned Do any of your tutorials cover drag and drop items? Like from a skill list or item list onto a CS?

1. Apologies, the features I have copied/created based on your vids wont allow me to drag a skill I have created in the "Skills" window and drag it onto the CS, something you clearly demonstrate in your AFF vids. Answered: I had missed inputting the "class" for the "accept drop down" option.

2. I want to create drag and drop skills in the "Skills" window that the player can select and drag onto the CS. I understand how the "skill_detail" FGWindow works and have it working on the CS. That is an easy way to have the player add skills to the CS, but they have to enter all the data themselves. I want to automate the averaging of the required attributes for each skill when dragged onto the CS. In HM, all skills have unique sets of attributes that are used to derive the Skill Base. Does this mean I need to setup a separate "skill_detail" FGwindow for each skill (ie "sword_detail" or "agriculture_detail")? Each separate "skill_detail" window would have a script that runs the math function to average the required attributes and input it on the CS.

3. I have a similar question with regards to the managerRolls.Skill function. I essentially have two set of skills and skill rolls on the CS. The first is the type you have laid out in your vids which allows for adding a "generic" skill line with the requisite drag and drop and success/fail rolls. The second type would be a list of pre-generated skill lines that are either "automatic skills" in game terms (and already on the base CS) or drag and drop skills that I mentioned in #2 above. The question I have with the managerRolls.Skill function is that it is setup so that "SkillScore" is what it is comparing the roll too, which it gets from the "skill_detail" window. However, for the pre-gen'd skills, "SkillScore" can't be what the target number is called. They will all be unique (IE sword_eml or agriculture_eml). Does this mean I will need, as above with the "skill_detail" windows, have to script a managerRolls._____ for each pre-gen'd skill?
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; December 15th, 2021 at 15:58.

Blog Entries
    Hi greybeardgunner70 did you watch the last 3 videos I made - the last one is on this drag and drop.

You will need to decide which way you are going to do this. There are several ways. I would probably be trying to do something like have each skill_detail include 3 fields attr1, attr2, attr3 and then you program all rolls to do whatever the math is across the three.

In my recent videos I believe I show you how to do this without having xyz_eml and abc_eml stat names
    You just have eml and the roll references itself and grabs the eml

I will want to display the Skill Base, Mastery Level, and Effective Mastery Level for the player, so those computations will have to be displayed prior to the roll. Which means the script for those computations will have to be run on the drag and drop. I'll play with it some and see what I can get done. I may have to do some copy/paste for each skill but that won't take too long.

See attached image. I want the drag and drop to display like the automatic skills do on the current CS. "Condition" would be how the drag and drop looks (with the SB calculated on drop). Climbing would be how it looks after the player enters their Mastery Level. The EML field will be the rollable field.

skills01.PNG
    Last edited by greybeardgunner70; December 16th, 2021 at 11:45.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Look at posts 569, 571 and 585
    Thanks! I'll do some work. This is still very much like trigonometry to me, so often I don't even know when I'm looking right at the answer I need. I appreciate your patience and assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeardgunner70 View Post
    Thanks! I'll do some work. This is still very much like trigonometry to me, so often I don't even know when I'm looking right at the answer I need. I appreciate your patience and assistance.
    I spent a few hours working on this this morning. I dont believe I can get there from here. From what I can tell I need an individual dragndrop "skill card" for each skill, with the required attribute calls from the CS and math/roll scripts baked into each. I'm not knowledgeable enough to figure out how to make that work, and I don't want to keep taking up your time. I DO know how to make it work if I put all the skills on the CS, like you did with your Cyberpunk ruleset. I will work that up, and then probably ask for your assistance in getting the rollsmanager script to work properly will all the rolls. But let me take a stab at it first.

@damned's latest videos were particularly timely for me, as I have been preparing for the 'skills' portion of my ruleset.

So far I have most everything working as advertised: Creation of the sidebar entry for Skills; drag'n'drop from Skills to the CS; using 'iadd' to add a new skill to the skill list; and opening the skill from the various links.

Unfortunately, I am unable to get the idelete portion working. Specifically, clicking on the iedit icon correctly causes it to change states (Edit List, Stop Editing List) and colors. However, it never lights up the idelete button on the skill list entries.

Has anyone else experienced problems with this control?

Thanks!

- s.west
    Last edited by swest; December 16th, 2021 at 18:01.

Thread Information