5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Middle Earth

Middle Earth

Third Age 2500
    The great North-Kingdom of the Dúnedain is no more, its people scattered more than 500 years ago by the ravages of Angmar and its Witch King before his fall at last.

The Hobbits of the Shire for the most part have forgotten about the outside world, preferring to live in quiet peace. Fortunately, the ceaseless protection of the Rangers allows them this luxury.

In Mirkwood, the Elves face raids from within and without their great forest by orcs and evil Men while a dark power resides in Dol Guldur.

The Dwarves in Erebor grow their fame and riches and their long memories lament the fall of Khazad-dûm yet still daring to dream of its reclaiming.

Throughout the Misty Mountains goblins, trolls and other creatures more fell are beginning to stir, coming down from their underground lairs to wreak havoc and murder.

The Free Peoples are beginning to fear the growing Shadow...

Anyone up for some Middle Earth fun? The game will be run using the MERP system. We've got no ruleset and no character sheet. You do remember what paper and a pencil are though, right? So far, it'll likely be a weekend game run bi-weekly.

Here's hoping...

Thanks a lot, Puhser. Count me in
    I'm ready for the game as for the rulebooks. Both MERP 1st & 2nd ed. are OK for me.

MERP 1st is fine with me ... I'm sure I can get hold of a copy of MERP 2nd if need be but I don't think there were any major changes ... "pen and paper" ? What are they ?

Actually, MERP 2nd is what we're going with. Sorry for any confusion.

As far as I noticed after skimming through the two editions, the differences between them are cosmetic and the rules are almost the same.

The stats used in the charts are the same, though some minor amendment in the text can be found occasionally (e.g. in the GCT-5 "Adolescence Skill Rank Table", the two cultures/races "Rural-men" and "Urban-men" in the 1st edition were renamend as "Eriadorian" and "Gondorian" respectively in the 2nd edition.

Seemingly, the biggest difference is the organizaion of the contents like that of between RM2 & RMClassic, or RMSS & RMFRP.

As such, I think whichever edition you use, that will do without problem.

MERP 2nd it is then !

I'd so like to be in. Please? Pretty please? *puppy eyes*

Bi-weekly Saturdays are fine with me. Anything to play MERP again, haven't had a chance in 12+ years. I even went and picked up the rulebook today from the dusty corner of a FLGS (translated to Finnish, granted, but I'd manage).

Quote Originally Posted by joeru
    I'd so like to be in. Please? Pretty please? *puppy eyes*

Bi-weekly Saturdays are fine with me. Anything to play MERP again, haven't had a chance in 12+ years. I even went and picked up the rulebook today from the dusty corner of a FLGS (translated to Finnish, granted, but I'd manage).

Joeru, you're in and that makes three. We've got enough to green light the game. How about we all get together this Saturday for some char gen?

I'll be fine for that this GMT-Saturday-8PM

Thread Information