5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Tales of the Macabre, Ravenloft 3.5 campaign

Hello everyone,

I am looking out for a group of players for a Ravenloft campaign. I am an old Ravenloft DM and player (since 1992), quite versed in the setting. When DMing, my games are heavy Role-Play axed and I work a lot on consequences from PC actions.

Being european (GMT +1), I see that there are few games out there that I could participate into. But I am interested on a GMT evening game on weekdays, I am much more flexible on weekends.

Any ideas/suggestions are most welcome. Thanks in advance for your time reading this and eventually posting here.
    Last edited by Holy_Rage; February 13th, 2007 at 23:20.

Right now, there are two of us signed up for Holy_Rage's campaign... I thought I'd take the opportunity to endorse him. This game has great potential - Rage can do pretty spooky stuff even as a player, and the other fellow taking part in this, Sylian, has been running some pretty long campaigns of his own.

Ravenloft is a pretty mysterious by nature - those who never played in will have quite a handful of gruesome surprises ahead of themselves. So it's all right, perhaps even desirable, for capable role-players who never studied the setting before to join in.

adventurer

hi im from peru, zone time; GMT-5, i had been dm in 3 and 3.5 versions, but actually i dont have a party, i would like to join your group, disponibility all day for a while.
    thanks on bare hand

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Anvilsmith
    Right now, there are two of us signed up for Holy_Rage's campaign...
    Make that three.
    - Amir

House rules
    Starting level is 6, 32 point buy, gold for equipment is 13,000 gp (as per the DMG Table 5-1, p.135), subject on DM approval. Alignment will play a big role in the campaign; all alignments are allowed, but I expect you to RP your alignment faithfully. It's your PC, do what you want with him, but keep IC. The campaign is heavily axed towards RP and PC action consequences.

Races and classes allowed are all those included in the PHB, Complete Arcane, Divine and Warrior, and of course, the Raveloft Core Book. Please note that divine Prestige Classes (for paladins, clerics and druids) will be subject on DM approval, depending of the IC plot developped so far.

The adventure I6 or else "Expedition to Castle Ravenloft" shall be run first as a kind of Prelude as time-wise it is situated about 200 years ago than the campaign's starting time. PCs who participate in the prelude shall be allowed to roll PCs for the campaign who can be IC related to their ancestors, if they wish so.

In order to apply, please fill in the following form and PM it to me. Time taken to write more than a sentence is highly appreciated. The campaign's name is "Tales of the Macabre" and can be found in the Calendar.

Character Name:
    Race:
    Class:
    Alignment:
    Patron Deity:
    Languages:

Ability stats

STR
    DEX
    CON
    INT
    WIS
    CHA

Background

Personality/Values
    Last edited by Holy_Rage; February 13th, 2007 at 23:22.

Quick question is this for 3.5 ? or 3.0 ?

It is D&D 3.5 .

How much money?

How much money to spen in a single item?

Quote Originally Posted by drogolfo
    How much money to spen in a single item?
    As much as you wish, though be aware that Ravenloft is a low-magic setting... and any flashy magic items will catch the attention of powerful NPCs/monsters very very quick.

Also, starting time for the campaign has been set on Sunday 25th February, at 1 pm GMT +1. The Calendar link is here

ok, just applied to join this game

Thread Information