DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Thank you damned!

Sorry it took so long for a response, I have been busy getting the Core 1.5 pdf all put together.

I did play around with this last night, and it had lots of missing content errors when I only included the files I changed. This may be above my paygrade

The new update has led me to refocus on getting the SagaBorn ruleset cleaned up. I got it all running well, but it seems there was a major update to the 3.5 spells in the Action Tab. I am getting errors on that tab for any spellcaster. I don't need any of the 3.5 functionality for spells, all I need is a way for a spell caster to drag over their spells from the spell list so they can read descriptions.

Is there a way to do this on the Action tab, just make a spell section to drag and drop? Or maybe a whole new Spell Tab?

Im looking at your Pak file give me a few

So you are talking about the deprecated messages in chat?

Ok you are on the right track but here is what you need to do. It looks like you are using 3.5E as your base. So in your base file do this.

<!-- Layers -->
    <importruleset source="3.5E" />

That is it only 3.5E. Then go in and delete every single file you did not change. Meaning if you just copied over the 3.5e file delete it. This will keep you from ever getting error because as soon as SW updates something on their end your ruleset is automatically updated.

I did this and deleted record_char_actions and the three script files that touch your actions tab under campaign/scripts and it works like a champ.
    Last edited by bayne7400; December 16th, 2023 at 20:06.

Thanks, I forgot to upload my latest file. I have a big game tomorrow, so I will hold off until after the game.

I really appreciate the help.

Yeah you should able to fix the error. The big error is onload with your combat manager 2.

Well, I said I wouldn't work on it, and here I am 3 hours later. Here is the latest version (in attachments). It loads in and has the changes I need like Skill list, Mana listing, etc. When you add a spell class in the Action tab it still gives a ton of errors, but at least spells can be input and seen. I don't need any of the fancy stuff that the 3.5 ruleset does with spells, I just wanted a list (which this area used to work for this). I tried adding a new tab but that started more issues.

I think the main issue is I need just the very basics of 3.5, and as FG upgrades it keeps getting more complicated and breaking the small changes I need. I think starting over with a Core (or MoreCore) ruleset and just having basic characters sheets would be a better way to go, but honestly, I am just worn out trying to make the system work in FG. I know just enough about programming to almost get things to work, which is not good enough.

Any input would be welcome, even if it is to tell me I should start over in the future with a different base system.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok so you kept the files I told you to delete and removed everything else lol. Also your base file contains a bunch of scripts that are no longer in the pak you just uploaded.

Your ruleset should include only the files you want to change from 3.5e. Generally you do this by replacing or merging.

I started with only the base.xml and then added the strings_35e, record_char_combat.xml, and data_common.lua, so that I could change the Skills and add the Mana label on the combat tab.

All the spell stuff and campaign/record_char_actions.xml was added in because those files were all needed to have spells displayed on the Action tab.

While my system is based in 3.5, it has a lot of changes in class names, skills, mechanics, and how spellcasting works. In fact, that's the whole point of SagaBorn, is it is simpler. So I think the 3.5 system in FGU is adding more complicated stuff in spellcasting that I don't need (until the last update, I could use the Add Spell Class and players could drag over their spells).

In the past have gone in and bandaided the 3.5 system in FG to try and make my system work, but there are so many mechanics (alignment, spell memorization, weapon types and damage, etc) that I just gloss over and ignore, which is why going the MoreCore route may be the way. Just give me a blank sheet that I can design and people can use it like a paper sheet.

And please forgive my lack of knowledge, I am a trained artist and only know how to cobble together code. And this is exacerbated by the fact that my cobbling worked ok until recently.

Yeah definitely check out damneds Xcore.

Thread Information