DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Effect for dodge bonus to AC

Hi all

I just realized that when one has an effect for dodge bonus to AC then this bonus still applies when one would normally loose it (like when one is flat-footed) Is there some way to automate this or does one has to turn this effect manually off then (then I would add a note to such effects)? (as far as I know there is no "logical not" operator such that I could write something like IF: "not flat-footed etc.", isn't it? )

Thanks and have a nice day/night

Best wishes,

Kelrugem

EDIT: Something similar I realized with Evasion/Improved Evasion, Uncanny Dodge but there I have already notes attached because I know how they behave, but I didn't know that effects for dodge behaves different than the dodge bonus in the character sheet since dodge AC in the sheet is normally automatically ignored when flat-footed So I want to be sure that I am doing it correct or if I did a mistake
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 13th, 2018 at 01:25.

Seems to be working as expected for me (see image).

* What is the effect you were trying?
    * How were you specifying flat-footed?
    * What did you see?

Regards,
    JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for your answer

Indeed, when I try it as you, so using the modifier tab then it works (thanks for the image, I often forget the usability of the modifier tab ). But when I add flat-footed as an effect then it doesn't work (see picture for the effect AC: 1 dodge). But the effect for flat-footed works for dodge boni given in the character sheet But the modifier tab is a good alternative

Dodge.png

It's working for me. (see image)

Do you have any extensions loaded?

JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hm, strange, no, my picture in the previous answer was in a campaign without any extension loaded. I just tried it again and it still doesn't work Hm, I do not see what I am doing wrong as far as I see I did the same as in your image

Blog Entries
    Do you have an unpacked ruleset folder?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

No, I don't (thanks for that suggestion ) I also already tried to solve it by deleting 3.5E.pak and reinstalling it by updating the launcher, but the problem is still there

Strange, the file that handles attack resolution hasn't changed in v3.3.7; so no idea.

Can you send me your test campaign with everything set up already; and minimal steps to trigger? (i.e. open combat tracker, drag attack from creature A to creature B, ...)
    You can send to [email protected]; and reference this thread.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Strange, the file that handles attack resolution hasn't changed in v3.3.7; so no idea.

Can you send me your test campaign with everything set up already; and minimal steps to trigger? (i.e. open combat tracker, drag attack from creature A to creature B, ...)
    You can send to [email protected]; and reference this thread.

JPG
    Thank you for this offer But now I may have found the issue such that it is maybe not needed anymore to send you this, because: As you were mentioning v3.3.7 and since you had the new sign for hidden rolls in your picture (the eye instead of the question mark which showed me that you were testing it in v3.3.7) I had the idea to test this also in v3.3.7 and there it works

And now I checked the mentioned updates in v3.3.7 and there is indeed a point about fixing that in the new version Oh, I feel very sorry that I didn't see this in the update list (and/or that I forgot that point) and that I took your time by that.

Thank you all very much again and I am really sorry, now I feel embarrassed ^^ (and I am now much happier about the upcoming v3.3.7 )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 13th, 2018 at 23:46.

Thread Information