Starfinder Playlist

Connection problem

Hi everyone, I browsed through multiple topics but I've decided to start my own and seek help.

FG: 3.3.6 Ultimate
    Port forwarding: Enabled as per instructions
    No other soft is utilizing 1802 on my ip address

...and nobody can connect to me, testing connection within FG provides FAILURE. Everything was working fine last time, we didn't played for two months though.

What I did so far:

Router reset (hard)
    Computer reset
    Double-check port forwarding setup on router
    Turn of antivirus and windows defender
    Turned off firewall on router
    Called my ISP, they claim they made no changes that could interrupt this

NOTHING. Anybody had similiar problems and can give me some tips what else can I check?

P.S. If I missed a relevant topic, I apologize, but there are many and they all seem a bit different in details

My port forwarding setting:forwarding.JPG
    Last edited by kane280484; December 12th, 2018 at 21:41.
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

Ok, I have public network on my connection if that's what you asked.

Tracert:
    Code:
    Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  192.168.0.1 
      2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      3    17 ms     7 ms     7 ms  89-75-3-113.infra.chello.pl [89.75.3.113] 
      4    13 ms     8 ms     8 ms  pl-waw04a-rc1-ae36-1417.aorta.net [84.116.193.93] 
      5     8 ms     8 ms     7 ms  pl-waw26b-ri1-ae51-0.aorta.net [84.116.134.94] 
      6     7 ms     7 ms    15 ms  72.14.222.250 
      7    11 ms     9 ms    10 ms  108.170.250.209 
      8     9 ms    11 ms     8 ms  216.239.48.155 
      9    20 ms     9 ms     8 ms  google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8] 

Trace complete.
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

Change your network to private in Network settings.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Ok I fixed it. Windows Defender firewall somehow didn't have FantasyGrounds on whitelist. Which is weird, because I let it through some time ago, maybe it restored to defaults at some point or sth overrode this.

tip: Earlier, when battling the issue, I tested FG with Windows Defender turned off with no result, so if anyone finds this topic be sure to check firewall access on Windows Defender, as turning it off didn't seem to make difference.

Turning off AV or a firewall is not a sure fire method of testing since things get left behind as you have discovered.

Windows Defender tends to create a new rule when FG updates because it thinks it is a new program. You may find after a while that you have multiple rules for FG in there. This will eventually cause an issue, so keep an eye on that and delete all rules every so often and create a fresh one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You have to be private on network. That is the big thing

Another possibility is that when you whitelisted Fantasy Grounds before your network may have been set to Private. If your network changed to Public then the allow rule would stop working unless it was set to also exist on the Public (or All) profile.

Thread Information