STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Swade fg eta?

Swade fg eta?

So, what do you think? I know this was discussed in some previous threads but it's been a bit... I was thinking about starting up a new SW game right after the New Year. Anyone in the know think that SWADE would be close to ready by then?

My estimation is that SWADE would be at store during 2019 Q1. I have plans to start public alpha testing within this month if I get the ruleset in good-enough shape. Public alpha testing is available for all Savage Worlds Deluxe owners and can be joined in by switching FG to TEST version when it starts. However please note that public testing does only provide updated ruleset but not rulebook modules. After SWADE is release to store you need to purchase it if you want to get the modules.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

You plan to start public alpha testing this month? Geez, Ikael, why so LONG?!?! The kickstarter "preview" came out like all of a week ago, now! (Just kidding, of course. That's actually a lot faster than I thought you'd have anything ready on test by. You're like a coding guru, dude!)
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    My estimation is that SWADE would be at store during 2019 Q1. I have plans to start public alpha testing within this month if I get the ruleset in good-enough shape. Public alpha testing is available for all Savage Worlds Deluxe owners and can be joined in by switching FG to TEST version when it starts. However please note that public testing does only provide updated ruleset but not rulebook modules. After SWADE is release to store you need to purchase it if you want to get the modules.
    Sweet deal...

Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought the SWADE update was free for SWD license holders. Did I misread that announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by robert4818 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought the SWADE update was free for SWD license holders. Did I misread that announcement?
    SWADE ruleset is provided for SWD product owners but it does not include new rulebook modules. You can still play with the ruleset and get new bells and whistles but won't have SWADE Player Guide nor SWADE GM Guide modules. If you want to get full SWADE experience you need would need to purchase the new (yet unreleased) product.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    SWADE ruleset is provided for SWD product owners but it does not include new rulebook modules. You can still play with the ruleset and get new bells and whistles but won't have SWADE Player Guide nor SWADE GM Guide modules. If you want to get full SWADE experience you need would need to purchase the new (yet unreleased) product.
    The player and GM modules are the same as the core rules PDF or does that also mean items, edges, hindrances, and such?

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    The player and GM modules are the same as the core rules PDF or does that also mean items, edges, hindrances, and such?
    Yes they mean the core rules, the one PDF in FG format with all content and drag-and-drop support and more.

Will it be possible to disable the SWADE for the existing stuffs? I purchased Deadlands Reloaded bundle and I don't want to go over the hassle of converting so much adventures. My players don't mind playing the old version either.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Will it be possible to disable the SWADE for the existing stuffs? I purchased Deadlands Reloaded bundle and I don't want to go over the hassle of converting so much adventures. My players don't mind playing the old version either.
    The old version (SWD - - Savage Worlds Deluxe) is gong to be available as well. You will have two rulesets to pick from: SWD and SavageWorlds (later one is SWADE).

After SWADE is released and you launch your existing campaign you will be given dialogue to switch it to SWADE or keep using SWD rules.

Thread Information