FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Connection not working! Some one help me!

I'm at my wits end. Me and my group were looking to try something different from roll20 and I suggest fantasy Grounds. I purchased the ultimate version and installed it, but the connection test always failed. So like always I looked around for people with previous problems and attempted to solve it that way. Nothings worked, Period. I've port forwarded, I've used Hamachi, I've used ZeroTeir One. I know I have two different gateways that need to be opened, one is Netgear another is AT&T I'm 99.9% positive I've allowed 1802 to go through my firewall. Fantasy Grounds is in private not public in my windows defender settings. Someone help me please!

Quote Originally Posted by heyray12 View Post
    I'm at my wits end. Me and my group were looking to try something different from roll20 and I suggest fantasy Grounds. I purchased the ultimate version and installed it, but the connection test always failed. So like always I looked around for people with previous problems and attempted to solve it that way. Nothings worked, Period. I've port forwarded, I've used Hamachi, I've used ZeroTeir One. I know I have two different gateways that need to be opened, one is Netgear another is AT&T I'm 99.9% positive I've allowed 1802 to go through my firewall. Fantasy Grounds is in private not public in my windows defender settings. Someone help me please!
    If you use a VPN like Hamachi, you won't get a success. The only way to test those is to have someone connect using your Hamachi / other VPN address.

Have you done the "post result of traceroute 8.8.8.8" like a number of those threads have requested?

Welcome to the forums.

I've used Hamachi, I've used ZeroTeir One.
    These allow players to connect to you if you have issues port forwarding. They will not, however, show a successful connection test - as that functionality will not use these peer-to-peer VPN solutions.

I know I have two different gateways that need to be opened, one is Netgear another is AT&T I'm 99.9% positive I've allowed 1802 to go through my firewall.
    If you have two routers you will need to do two lots of port forwarding:
    1) Router 1 port 1802 -> port 1802 of Router 2's IP address on the same network subnet as router 1.
    2) Router 2 port 1802 -> port 1802 of your GM computer's IP address.

Fantasy Grounds is in private not public in my windows defender settings.
    Have you checked that your network connection is set to private, not public?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi heyray welcome to FG; sorry you are having an issue.

If you have two gateways then you'll need to chain the port forwarding from the first gateway to the second and then the second to your computer. Don't forget to also create a rule in Windows Defender to allow Fantasy Grounds through as well. Also in Windows defender make sure there aren't multiple rules for FG already. If so delete them all and then create a new one.

If you can screenshot the results of a tracert 8.8.8.8 that would be helpful too.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Alright here is my Tracert 8.8.8.8:

Tracing route to google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 10.0.0.1
    2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms homeportal [192.168.1.254]
    3 15 ms 7 ms 4 ms 104-188-116-1.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net [104.188.116.1]
    4 6 ms 3 ms 3 ms 71.149.39.82
    5 * * * Request timed out.
    6 9 ms 6 ms 7 ms 12.83.86.145
    7 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms 12.122.85.197
    8 11 ms 10 ms 10 ms 206.121.120.90
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms 108.170.226.56
    11 11 ms 21 ms 11 ms 108.170.226.185
    12 41 ms 47 ms 25 ms google-public-dns-a.google.com [8.8.8.8]

Trace complete.

I'm currently trying to chain gateways, with no success

Are you able to access both gateways? Some ISPs don't allow you to access the first one just the second. If that is the case then you may have to phone your ISP and ask them to open port 1802 on the one you can't access.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

1) You'll need to login to the router at 192.168.1.254 and port forward TCP port 1802 to the router in step #1. Not to 10.0.0.1, but to it's IP address in the 192.168.1.XX range.
    2) Then login to 10.0.0.1 and port forward TCP port 1802 to the IP address of your GM's computer.

If you'e done this and it still fails the connection test, then please provide screenshots of the port forwarding rules that you have in each of the 2 routers/gateways.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OK so 192.168.1254 is apparently already port forwarding to 10.0.0.1 or I'm messing with the wrong thing. It still didn't work so I poked around a little more and found that I could connect to just 192 instead of 10 to 192. I tried connect to that instead and tried Fantasy Grounds, no dice. I set 192 back to how I had it originally and tested fantasy grounds, once again connection faild.

OK so 192.168.1254 is apparently already port forwarding to 10.0.0.1 or I'm messing with the wrong thing. It still didn't work so I poked around a little more and found that I could connect to just 192 instead of 10 to 192. I tried connect to that instead and tried Fantasy Grounds, no dice. I set 192 back to how I had it originally and tested fantasy grounds, once again connection faild.
    Please provide screenshots of the port forwarding on each router/gateway.

Thread Information