DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FG acting very odd, help!

I updated FG...now it is acting odd to the point that I can't even use it. I have an Ultimate License and it still says "Create Demo Campaign". On top of that, any time I go to hover over a graphic of anykind (menu, button, background, etc.) the rest of the graphics around it go black so that all I can see is that graphic only.

How do I fix this? We have a big high-profile stream that premieres tomorrow and I cannot stream it in this state!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkGalaxiesGaming View Post
    I updated FG...now it is acting odd to the point that I can't even use it. I have an Ultimate License and it still says "Create Demo Campaign". On top of that, any time I go to hover over a graphic of anykind (menu, button, background, etc.) the rest of the graphics around it go black so that all I can see is that graphic only.

How do I fix this? We have a big high-profile stream that premieres tomorrow and I cannot stream it in this state!
    Probably a graphics driver update has caused this.
    What graphics card are you using?
    Check for a newer driver - apply and reboot.
    If that doesnt work - try the next newest - apply and reboot.

Make sure that the shortcut you use to start FG points to “FantasyGrounds.exe” (to run the standard Live release build). If it’s pointing at different program name, you could have issues. If that’s not the issue, then graphics driver as Damned suggested.

Also, make sure that your Settings are set up correctly. The Ultimate key should be un the first License Key field; and the second should be blank. Then, run a new Update.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Setup_Tutorial

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; December 11th, 2018 at 07:48.

AMD Radeon 290X

I updated the drivers, but no luck. This seems to have occurred right after I updated my FG client. I even tried reinstalling it, but no luck.

It also doesn't seem to recognize my key, shows only "demo" options.

Attaching examples.

example 1.JPG

example 2.JPG

example 3.JPG

Updated again and this seemed to take care of the demo version issue.

The bizarre graphics issue, however, is still ongoing.

Blog Entries
    https://community.amd.com/thread/215672
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...x_9_support_a/

Laptop or desktop?
    If those two links dont assist you might find that you also have another gfx card in your computer that you can set to run FG?

The last thing that might help is turning on compatibility mode on in settings (same place you did the license).

You can try turning on the compatibility mode setting in the FG settings, which forces constant frame redraw. This is something that has occasionally been needed for Macs, since they run emulated. But, it may help as a workaround short term. It does increase processing power needed.

Did you already check the shortcut you use to start FG too?

Regards,
    JPG

Not sure if it'd help, but might be worth trying turning on cross-compatability in the settings before launch. If memory serves, while this may make FG run less smooth, this will force a redraw of the whole of the application ton each refresh cycle. I seem to recall this fixing black areas on mouse-over in some cases.

That aside, like above, sounds like a graphics card driver issue or error. Try reverting back to an older driver version if the current doesn't fix it.

Other ideas include. Could try turning off anti-aliasing for FG in you graphics card application driver settings or finally a full clean re-install of FG after you back up your data somewhere.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

The cross-compatibility did the trick! Odd. Not sure why I didn't need that before. But glad it at least worked! Thank you so much!

It's probably because the graphics driver support for DX9 changed in a recent update to your graphics driver, and it caused the problem.

JPG

Thread Information