FG Spreadshirt Swag

View Poll Results: Would you like these implemented in a future update?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would.

1 9.09%
  • No, I wouldn't

10 90.91%

Suggestions for Smiteworks

Hey there, I've been using Fantasy Grounds for about 3 months now; and have run roughly 36 4hr sessions. Here are a list of things I feel would really benefit Fantasy Grounds; and make the user experience much more intuitive.

UI
    - It would be great to create custom predefined locations for specific types of content. An example below:
    (I have so many maps & images for fantasy grounds, and every. single. time. I open a map, it's just thrown somewhere on the screen. I have to waste time to re-orient the map, or image, rather than running the session. It'd be nice to set a location where all images & maps open to. Possibly separating Maps and Images in the File Explorer; and having a different UI button control each separately.

- On a side note: Having the ability to set predefined locations for Stat blocks/Character Sheets/Chat Log/Combat Tracker ect... would all be extremely beneficial, and make the software MUCH more presentable to those that wish to stream to twitch with it.

- Music is integral to running an immersive TTRPG session, I understand there are extensions available for FG to implement music; however many of these do not allow, through their Terms of Use, the ability to use it in paid sessions. This hurts those DM's that are looking to be paid for their hard work running multiple sessions/week, and putting in extensive hours to prepare content for their players. Please introduce this, in an official format soon.

These are the main two, I'll be putting more suggestions in as I find them.

Blog Entries
    Why don't you add your suggestions to the Wishlist? That is the best place to make recommendations as SmiteWorks uses it to track suggestions and allows the community to add new ideas and vote on them.

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Great idea, thanks! I didn't know that site existed

Quote Originally Posted by OsirianLegacy View Post
    - It would be great to create custom predefined locations for specific types of content. An example below:
    (I have so many maps & images for fantasy grounds, and every. single. time. I open a map, it's just thrown somewhere on the screen. I have to waste time to re-orient the map, or image, rather than running the session. It'd be nice to set a location where all images & maps open to. Possibly separating Maps and Images in the File Explorer; and having a different UI button control each separately.
    The windows open, the first time, in a pre-defined position. When you move / resize them that setting is saved and next time you open the window, it will re-appear where it was last positioned / sized.

Does this include when I reload fantasy grounds; or would I need to reposition them every time?

Yes, each window record memory is saved between sessions. If you open the same record again, the last location you opened it will be used when it is restored.

Regards,
    JPG

That's great to know! Thank you.

I voted no because I would almost never want a window opening exactly over another window of the same type. This would be a nightmare to implement in a useful fashion

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    I voted no because I would almost never want a window opening exactly over another window of the same type. This would be a nightmare to implement in a useful fashion
    Same.

Thread Information