DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Dice Result Incorrect

Last night we had 3 instances during combat where players would make an attack roll and the dice animation would settle on a number but the result in the chat window was much different. All of the players could see the same issue so it wasn't just some lag hick up on my side. I've never had this happen before last night.

Ruleset: Castles & Crusades
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Games I Run: AD&D 2nd Ed
    Currently Running: AD&D 2E (Forgotten Realms)
    Games I play: Any~
    Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)
    Current Projects: None
    Created Content: AD&D 2E NPC generator Module

This can rarely occur when the chat window area for dice rolling isn't the usual size and/or the dice are launched into the chat window at an irregular starting point.

Was it always the same user (same player, the GM)?

How were the rolls being made - pick-up-and-drop in the chat window, double-click on a stat, clicking a button?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'll have to ask the players, but it looked as though they were targeting the creature in the combat tracker and double clicking on their attack via the combat tab, as I could see their targets in the combat tracker.
    "My campaigns are multi layered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which quite frankly would be to strong for your hobbiest gamer."
    -Doug Dougalson

Fantasy Grounds License: Ultimate
    Games I Run: AD&D 2nd Ed
    Currently Running: AD&D 2E (Forgotten Realms)
    Games I play: Any~
    Converted Modules: Faiths & Avatars (2e), Demihuman Deities (2e), Tome of Magic (2e), Dragon Mountain (2e)
    Current Projects: None
    Created Content: AD&D 2E NPC generator Module

While FG makes every attempt to mirror the physics simulation among machines, there are situations where they can get out of synch. Only the initial parameters for the dice simulation are sent. In every case, the client rolling the dice is the one that reports the results, so any imprecision from network serialization is only relevant to what is shown on the dice.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information