5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

DOELocations & Organizations Problems

Last week I ran a game and they were working fine. Today I tried to bring them up and only a Blank window is showing. All previous data is missing.
    The add / remove area and the title on top are gone. Right clicking gives no ability to create a new entry or delete one.
    Also if you click locations the window opens, click organisations while locations is open and it closes the same window.

The weather extension works just fine.

Any ideas or anyone else having this problem?
    Last edited by Shogar; December 10th, 2018 at 07:20.

You may have more joy posting in the DOE Locations thread.

It sounds like there may be an issue with your campaign data - unless there's something specific to the extension that is causing this. Go into your FGData/Campaigns folder and find the campaign folder for your campaign. Make a backup of this folder somewhere and then open the folder. Inside you will see a number of files. Find the file called db.xml and rename it to something else. Now find the largest or most recent session.xml file and rename it to db.xml. Restart your campaign and see if the data is back. If not do the same thing with the next biggest or latest dated session file.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This sounds possibly like an issue identified when using the DOE extensions with v3.3.7. Dulux-Oz said that he is working on a patch for when v3.3.7 is released live.

Regards,
    JPG

Yep, if you’re having problems with extensions then the best place to post about those problems is the thread/s of the specific extensions.

Also, if you’re not running on the "live" version of FG (test or dev) then please always mention that when reporting issues.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, this sounds exactly like the previous problem reported a couple of days ago, when using the DOEs with FGv3.3.7. As mentioned elsewhere, this has been resolved and will be available when FGv3.3.7 goes live.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thanks everyone. You're right it was an incompatibility. Switched back to the live version from test and everything is back and working fine. Just FYI.

When I opened my FG campaign today, I am now experiencing this problem. I don't believe I was directly after the update, this past Friday and Saturday. I can see all the data in the db.xml. The Organizations and Locations buttons are just coming up blank as if they can no longer display that data from the .xml.

I'll try and find where this bug is listed in Dulux Oz's Extension Thread.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    When I opened my FG campaign today, I am now experiencing this problem. I don't believe I was directly after the update, this past Friday and Saturday. I can see all the data in the db.xml. The Organizations and Locations buttons are just coming up blank as if they can no longer display that data from the .xml.

I'll try and find where this bug is listed in Dulux Oz's Extension Thread.
    You need to get the updated extension.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Yep, that was it. All fixed now after applying those newest updated extensions. For some reason I forgot these are not included in the FG update, whoops!

Thread Information