5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRiddle View Post
    2. Watching other talented FG streamers, I see some of them have these mini-sheets or character images on the side or bottom of their screen that light up when the players talk. I'm guessing the mini-sheets are just images linked somehow to Discord and the players/channel. How do you do that? I've been using standard Discord overlays and OBS Studio and I cannot find a reference to doing this anywhere.
    Second ask ... anyone?

I like to know too

Blog Entries
    I don't know what overlays/mini-sheets you are mentioning. Perhaps ask the streamer who is using them?

I know there was a guy around a while ago (Shadazar) doing some sort of rotating overlay, but I don't think he ever posted how to actually do it. But I think the thread should be searchable.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I don't know what overlays/mini-sheets you are mentioning. Perhaps ask the streamer who is using them?
    DM Dave and Rob2e (?) use them, plus I've seen other people as well. I'm assuming it is a Discord overlay/setup of some sort, I have no clue and could not find info on how to do this anywhere. Hence, post.

Blog Entries
    It will be an OBS overlay, not Discord. But, I don't know how to do it either

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    No, as previously mentioned. He does stuff with webcams, not interested in that.

Blog Entries
    But if I understand it correctly, just because it is a webcam that he is overlaying, doesn't mean that you can use the same methods for overlaying any window or graphic. Think of it in a wider perspective, how to combine multiple windows or graphics into one single window for the stream.

That said, I've never done any of that, but that's my understanding how it's done

Blog Entries
    Discord has an app to integrate with OBS. You can find the apps here: https://discordapp.com/streamkit and the OBS app. specifically, here: https://streamkit.discordapp.com/overlay

This app will allow you to, among other things, display who is speaking in the Discord chat.

Wow ... I really didn't think it would be this difficult to get an answer. Gonna try one more time.

I'm currently using the standard discord overlays. They are boring and I wanted to do something cool I saw on a couple of FG streams. I see it all the time on Roll20 streams, but I thought I would come here first .. ya know?

I don't use webcams, don't even own one, and have no desire to reverse engineer something that "might" be the same. I was hoping to get specific instructions on how to do what I want because I see TONS of streams doing this.

Just wanted to know if someone knows how to do what I'm trying to achieve. I've been searching on and off for a month now, watching videos and reading web pages and I cannot figure out how to do this, so I thought I would come to the community of the software I use.

I have mini-character sheet graphics that I made, small square PNG image files with a border. I want to link that image to the Discord channel so that when the player talks the image border on their mini-sheet changes color. That's it, and for the life of me I can't find any instructions or tutorials that outline this (and only this) process.

That's it, and thanks to all that are trying to help.

Thread Information