DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Streaming Challenges

Streaming a 5E game, (new to it this year) and I have a couple of challenges I cannot figure out. Hoping for some help, my apologizes if these questions have been addressed elsewhere.

1. I DM FG using dual monitors. When I stream I show only the left monitor. However, when I do this the desktop decal is in the middle, and hence it is split between two monitors. Is there any way to move the desktop decal a few 100 pixels to the left so I can show it on the stream?

2. Watching other talented FG streamers, I see some of them have these mini-sheets or character images on the side or bottom of their screen that light up when the players talk. I'm guessing the mini-sheets are just images linked somehow to Discord and the players/channel. How do you do that? I've been using standard Discord overlays and OBS Studio and I cannot find a reference to doing this anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Blog Entries
    For #1, yes, but you will have to modify or make a decal extension of your own and alter the code so it doesn't place it in the center.

Did you check this for #2? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-for-streaming!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you for your reply.

>>>For #1, yes, but you will have to modify or make a decal extension of your own and alter the code so it doesn't place it in the center.

Is there a decal template somewhere with editing instructions?

Did you check this for #2? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-for-streaming!

While these vids are great and I did watch them earlier this year, I did not see an answer to my question there. The DM does use webcams within a graphic overlay, but they do not light up when the players talk (plus we are not using webcams). Lighting up of images is specifically what I'm looking to do. If I missed that in the vids and someone has watched them, please let me know which one to review again.

Thanks again for the reply.
    Last edited by WilliamRiddle; December 12th, 2018 at 18:14.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRiddle View Post
    Is there a decal template somewhere with editing instructions?
    See "Custom Decal Tutorial" here: https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamRiddle View Post
    While these vids are great and I did watch them earlier this year, I did not see an answer to my question there. The DM does use webcams within a graphic overlay, but they do not light up when the players talk (plus we are not using webcams). That is specifically what I'm looking to do. If I missed that in the vids and someone has watched them, please let me know which one to review again.
    I don't know how they do it specifically. It does have to do with overlay and API capabilities of OBS. Hopefully one of the streaming gurus will jump in and get you the answer you are looking for. Otherwise you might have to do some Googling on OBS forums, not sure the answer is on the FG forums here

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    For the decal - you cant move it (I dont believe so anyway) so pad your decal with additional transparency on one side or the other to nudge it over.
    Beware this will nudge it over on all player screens too.
    You may be better off turning the decal off.

Once, I was made an extension that I can move and resize the decal, but I lost, I will try find and post what I had done

Here it is, I know it is not perfect ... but with a fine tuning ... perfect ... this is the limit of a person who does not know how to program but who likes to change things a lot.

Attachment 25538 Attachment 25539 Attachment 25540
    Last edited by YAKO SOMEDAKY; December 10th, 2018 at 10:25.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Beware this will nudge it over on all player screens too.
    You may be better off turning the decal off.
    Yeah, I just realized that after looking over the template. I'll pass on this and keep the decal off. Thanks for the advice!

Hmm .. I like that you put it over a smaller chat window. Might try that!

Thread Information