STAR TREK 2d20
    Western Tennessee, near the Mississippi River

Restoring a Campaign

Greetings,

Just recently I was loading a campaign that I have been running for nearly three years when I had a power glitch at the house and now the campaign does show up in the load campaign list. I get an error when I go to this screen

Error.png

When I check my campaigns directory, I find the following:

Restore.png

How do I restore the campaign?

Thanks in advance

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Again, I really appreciate the quick response, however, I am a total ignoramus when it comes to computers and related issues. You can ask my players. I have read the linked thread and I have a few questions:

1. When I click on the files in the campaign folder I am asked what application to use to open it.
    2. If possible, could I get a step-by-step list of instructions on how to fix this. I mean, how you would tell a 5 year old to tie their shoes kind of simple explanation!

Thanks again for any help in this.

You don't need to open any files. Create a new campaign of the same ruleset type and then copy campaign.xml from the new campaign to the campaign with the error.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks again!!

I admit, I was having a bit of a spaz out moment. My players have really created some great characters and I would have hated for them to have to rebuild them from scratch. You folks on here are so wonderful with your assistance, I really appreciate you all and I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!!

Thanks one last time (on this issue!!).

Thread Information