STAR TREK 2d20

Pedro's Connection Failure

Hello there, Me and my friends are trying to use FG for us to play together. Unfortunately, we can't connect with each other. Today we gave it a shot in a "test" and it worked, but once we tried again, the connection would only come up as "FAILURE". Look I'm not a computer savvy, I read your "Unable to host a game due to connection problems." but I understood just as much as reading Latin. Please if someone could help me figure out how to connect in a simple way, and hopefully never have to bother with this again, it would be much MUCH appreciated!

Welcome to the forums. Someone will help you, but it will be exactly like the thousand other threads with connection problems. Just go in to the last one and pretend like it starts with Mestere instead of whatever name is there.

You have to start by telling us what you did exactly. What precisely did you do between the time you successfully connected and when you didn't connect? Normally, when that happens it is after a sleep or shutdown of the GM's computer when the computer gets assigned a different internal internet protocol (IP) address. The best thing is to go setup a static local IP for the computer you will GM from (I am not a Windows guy, so I can't tell you the several ways you would need to do that depending upon your router/Windows combination, but you can google it to find out). Please tell us exactly what you did between the time it worked and the time it didn't.

Blog Entries
    Totally insufficient info Maestre.
    Are you all at the same location?
    Were you all running the Connection Test?

Ultimately anyone that can run a RPG game definitely has the ability to work through those other threads step by step.
    If you want some help start with the questions above please.

@Mestre - welcome to the forums.

The big thing to remember is that it is only the GM that needs a successful connection test - the players don’t need this. See if just the GM can get the connection test working, and if not then please come back with some further info on the GMs setup etc.. We’ve kind assumed you’re the GM, but if you’re not the GM, then I’d recommend that they come on the forums to give some info of their setup and help us troubleshoot.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information