FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: SWADE is out!

SWADE is out!

released for backers. pdf version is available for download.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Blog Entries
    Got my copy being printed out so I can read through and mark it up.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Been reading through the rules too. Found this guy helpful to point to some of the important changes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTaKmPI9ago

Joe

I am half the way through the current rulebook in preparation for Deadlands games... how much of a change is this SWADE edition bringing on the table? Any summary of the new stuffs, as I am not a backer?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

While the overall game remains basically the same, there are so many tiny tweaks to the system that it's way too many to sum up in one post. They will release a change guide eventually though. Until then, it's no problem to prepare with what you got already.
    Game Streams - twitch.tv/rodney418
    Ultimate License
    - All you need to play in my games is Fantasy Grounds Demo

Favourite Rulesets: Savage Worlds
    Currently Running: Pirates of the Spanish Main, Interface Zero, Primeval Thule
    Time Zone: PST

I think, for the time being at least, I'll keep using AE until the SWADE upgrade to FG. The changes are numerous enough in skills alone that it makes sense to wait.

I'd probably use SWADE in an person game. I really like a lot of the changes.

I've been using SWADE for about 6 weeks with my 4 gaming groups (non-disclosure agreement period has ended). Lots of the Edges and Hindrances have been tweaked, dropped or merged it takes a while to get used to them. The other big changes is how multiple actions work now - way more options for everyone in the game and makes combat even nastier. Spell tweaks are also very cool - they add a lot of options for spellcasters that weren't there before and everyone in my games who plays a spellcasting type really likes them.
    A good example was during tonights game. The party was ambushed by an Ancient Vampire, his 3 spawn and 4 wolves. Only 2 heroes were up, armored and awake. One succumbed to the Vampires charms - the other let out a yell of fury and woke the group, who scrambled to grab their weapons. In the first round of combat nearly everyone got hit except one of the groups spellcasters. He moved away from the battle a short distance and cast Deflection - ON EVERYONE! He blew 10 power points to do it, but suddenly everyone was -4 to be hit! Wow! Totally changed my cleaning house to a drawn out battle where eventually the adventurers chased off the ancient vampre and saved their charmed friend.
    Being able to extend powers to other targets, change attack spells to heavy weapons, change trappings and other changes really makes spellcasting more interesting for everyone.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Dropping CHA and defaulting it to a skill (Persuasion or Performance typically) is a big change to a lot of social edges. Looks like a +2 CHA = +1 to a relevant skill for the most part...

A lot of changes to Edges for not just that but other skill mods as well....

It looks good and I love the design philosophies but it will be a pain to convert...

I got it, but haven't read anything yet.

Will print it out and read it over the break

Then perhaps start a SW campaign !
    Ultimate License Holder & FGU backer
    playing D&D since 1980

Currently GMing:
    *Opus Christini Traveller campaign

*Currently Playing
    *Currently Looking

Quote Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
    Will print it out and read it over the break
    In the pre-release updates they keep saying “don’t print this yet” as it is not the final version - they have released it to allow the community to give some last minute feedback to help make the final book as error free as possible.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information