5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Star Wars: Drifting the Rim (FFG)

It is twenty-two years before the rise of the Galactic Empire. The Republic grows troubled from within and many throughout the galaxy have lost faith in it's strength. In the Outer Rim, the Trade Federation turned economic might into political power, the Hutt Cartels turned Republic weakness into criminal opportunities, and corrupt Senators turned a blind eye to the abusing megacorporations.

The Republic credit, once the foundation of galactic commerce, has lost much of its value. Traders, merchants, and smugglers in the Outer Rim began using precious metals and commodities for in lieu of Republic dataries.

As a result, pirate activity increased along the smaller trade routes, making it dangerous for lone freighter captains. The unstable markets rendered payments to those patrolling and enforcing galactic law nearly impossible. No pay, no patrol.

The solution was the introduction of new currencies. One new credit, called a lucre, was fully managed by the InterGalactic Currency Exchange, and fully support by the Hutt cartels. This led to the nickname Kajidic credits. Not only was this a great comfort to the people of the Outer Rim, it provided the Hutts a legitimate means to spread their criminal empires.

As the crew of a small tramp freighter, you must find your way about the galaxy, living from port to port. Before you stand sleazy Hutt cartels, an unscrupulous Trade Federation, greedy megacorps, and a plethora of pirate factions.

Where to next?

Game System:
    Star Wars (FFG)
    Roleplay/Combat mix: 60/40 I suppose, this will be a Star Wars game after all
    Number of Players: I have 2 players, will accept up to three more
    Character starting level: Beginners as per Core rules
    Character restrictions: None

FG License: GM has Full; Demo players welcome
    Text or Voice: Mix of both, roleplay encouraged
    Voice software used: Discord
    Recorded and/or live streamed? No plans to do so.
    Day of week and time: Fridays at 8pm CST (US)
    Start date: established by the accepted players.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: approximately 4 Hour session every other week
    Term: Long term play desired

Frequently Asked Questions (which haven't been asked yet)

Q: Can I be a Jedi?
    A: Yes. But consider the setting. As long as you are okay playing a Jedi that lives/works/occupies space on a tramp freighter, then it's ok by me.

Q: Is this kind of like Firefly?
    A: I guess? But I rather say it's Star Wars in the Outer Rim. We're not saving the galaxy, we're saving our butts.

Q: ...
    A:

I love FFG Star Wars. Sadly it is in the middle of the night for me.

To tell the truth, never watched Star Wars and I don't think that it will be interesting for me)

Q: can i be a sith? or ex-sith

I'm with Viresanimi ! Great setting ! Sounds awesome, but in the middle of the night.
    If you were to run an EU friendly game somehow, would love to join

Well I wrote Vhok a reply, by trying to edit my first post. Despite the long reply, I received a message that my message was too short and must be more than three characters long.

Q: Can I be a Sith or former Sith?
    A: Yes, but I don't think the game we wish to play match well with either ideology of Jedi or Sith. So I can't promise a game you'd enjoy or be able to grow in. Could I create/steer the game in a Force-related direction? Sure. But that's not what we're going to do in this game. I hate saying 'No', but the onus falls to the player if they like possibly playing a former Sith, one who somehow stayed out of sight of Palpatine (as he is an active Sith force user during this time), but also one that will not receive much force related missions/adventures.

If you want to talk more about it, I am available on Discord. PM me and we can discuss it further.

Hi I am interested in playing, because I want to learn to use the Fantasy Grounds program. Also I like the idea of playing in a Star Wars game with out the war taking center stage. I am willing to play what is needed a Doctor, a Mechanic, ETC.

Color me interested.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Incredibly interested. Love Star Wars lore, never played any of their games but I am a quick learner. How can I contact you for more info?

At this point, I have eight potential players with room for only three. I'm going to find it hard to tell tell five or six of them that they can't play. At this point, I don't think I can accept any more potentials players.

Sorry Iownius.

Thread Information