Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersandrew View Post
    Yeah I have a soft rope, it says so right here on my character sheet 50ft rope

And yes this actually happened at a table in Ireland.
    ???? (WTF)
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hey celestian.

Two things to check out that may help.

1) Wanna have a play with this, www.syrinscape.com/online/ Have a go with the search functions on this version of the Player. We've done a lot of work on getting what you are probably looking for nearer to the top of the list. i.e. When you type "Goblin", the first returns are any SoundSets with actually the word "Goblin" in their name, followed by and SoundSets with actually the word "Goblin" in a Mood etc... so that relevant content will be easier to find. Our intention is to bring this improved search function to the Stand Alone Players.
    2) Note: once we switch on the 3rd Party Integration for the Online Player (we are working on that right now), then you'll be able to control this better player with Fantasy Grounds, in the same way you can control the Stand Alone Player already (thanks to the AMAZING tools built by the nice people above). The Online Player has LOTS of really useful features which you will enjoy, including most notably, the remove of the need to preinstall content for playback - required samples are sent with the MOOD trigger when you click it.
    3) And re local files - just checking you are aware you can bring your own sounds into Syrinscape using the Syrinscape SoundSet Creator.

That's all form me! :-D

Now... game on!
    Last edited by Benjamin Loomes; December 10th, 2018 at 00:56. Reason: exchange "above" for "below"

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Loomes View Post
    Hey celestian.

Two things to check out that may help.

1) Wanna have a play with this, www.syrinscape.com/online/ Have a go with the search functions on this version of the Player. We've done a lot of work on getting what you are probably looking for nearer to the top of the list. i.e. When you type "Goblin", the first returns are any SoundSets with actually the word "Goblin" in their name, followed by and SoundSets with actually the word "Goblin" in a Mood etc... so that relevant content will be easier to find. Our intention is to bring this improved search function to the Stand Alone Players.
    2) Note: once we switch on the 3rd Party Integration for the Online Player (we are working on that right now), then you'll be able to control this better player with Fantasy Grounds, in the same way you can control the Stand Alone Player already (thanks to the AMAZING tools built by the nice people above). The Online Player has LOTS of really useful features which you will enjoy, including most notably, the remove of the need to preinstall content for playback - required samples are sent with the MOOD trigger when you click it.
    3) And re local files - just checking you are aware you can bring your own sounds into Syrinscape using the Syrinscape SoundSet Creator.

That's all form me! :-D

Now... game on!
    Glad to hear of the updates. I wasn't aware of the "Online" tool and will check it out. My first cursory look tho seems to have a very similar search. What would be more useful, for me, would be if the search results showed ONLY the items that match my string. So when I search for "door" I only see items with "door" in the string. Right now it lists the entire sound set with everything in it. The web version allows me to use chrome search and jump to it but if it wasn't for that this wouldn't be a big improvement for my needs.

I looked at the custom sounds option when I originally subscribed but at the time it required me to upload all my files if I recall?

I actually would prefer the sound files to be local and played local. Then I push them out however I desire. Currently I use the standalone Syrinscape app, with it's audio going out a specific output device and then cleanfeed streams it for my players. In a perfect world I would push it out discord but the sound quality there for audio of this type is horrendous.

One thing I did notice with the online player is it doesn't have any options to configure which sound out device it uses either. Would really be nice if this (and the standalone app) had a configuration option to set which output device it would use.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Glad to hear of the updates. I wasn't aware of the "Online" tool and will check it out. My first cursory look tho seems to have a very similar search. What would be more useful, for me, would be if the search results showed ONLY the items that match my string. So when I search for "door" I only see items with "door" in the string. Right now it lists the entire sound set with everything in it. The web version allows me to use chrome search and jump to it but if it wasn't for that this wouldn't be a big improvement for my needs.

I looked at the custom sounds option when I originally subscribed but at the time it required me to upload all my files if I recall?

I actually would prefer the sound files to be local and played local. Then I push them out however I desire. Currently I use the standalone Syrinscape app, with it's audio going out a specific output device and then cleanfeed streams it for my players. In a perfect world I would push it out discord but the sound quality there for audio of this type is horrendous.

One thing I did notice with the online player is it doesn't have any options to configure which sound out device it uses either. Would really be nice if this (and the standalone app) had a configuration option to set which output device it would use.
    I use a similar setup of syrinscape piping out to cleanfeed. I use a batch file to launch syrinscape that automatically sets the audio device that seems to work really well.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I found this some time back..

Audio Router

Madman
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Right now I'm using this:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/629520/Soundpad/

It does accept URL Associations just like this: "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Soundpad\Soundpad.e xe -rc DoPlaySound(1)", and it will play the first sound on the list. Another great advantage is that it also has option to transmit sound to your Microphone. So you won't have to use Virtual Cable or VoiceMeter and the sorts of it. It's a really simple software and gets the job done.

HOWEVER, I found myself with a problem when I was trying to use Dulux's Sound Extension: Apparently, it doesn't recognize parameters. So it didn't get the '-rc DoPlaySound(1)', of the URL. There's a workaround: I created Shortcuts on Windows, eg. (C:\Sound1.ink) that point to the full location ("C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Soundpad\Soundpad.e xe -rc DoPlaySound(1)"), and it works like a charm, since I only have to create like 20 shortcuts once, and it works for any campaign I create because I can just load different sound lists.

Edit: Another great advantage is that you can try it for free with a few limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Right now I'm using this:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/629520/Soundpad/

It does accept URL Associations just like this: "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Soundpad\Soundpad.e xe -rc DoPlaySound(1)", and it will play the first sound on the list. Another great advantage is that it also has option to transmit sound to your Microphone. So you won't have to use Virtual Cable or VoiceMeter and the sorts of it. It's a really simple software and gets the job done.

HOWEVER, I found myself with a problem when I was trying to use Dulux's Sound Extension: Apparently, it doesn't recognize parameters. So it didn't get the '-rc DoPlaySound(1)', of the URL. There's a workaround: I created Shortcuts on Windows, eg. (C:\Sound1.ink) that point to the full location ("C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Soundpad\Soundpad.e xe -rc DoPlaySound(1)"), and it works like a charm, since I only have to create like 20 shortcuts once, and it works for any campaign I create because I can just load different sound lists.

Edit: Another great advantage is that you can try it for free with a few limitations.
    I'll give it a try... but I think you're confusing the "command line" with url. A url command is something like syrinscape-fantasy:elements/YnJpbmRvbC10b3duOjo2LVJvb3N0ZXI/play/. If I could use command line I'd just stick with VLC (free and already use) but far as I know you can't use the API within FG to run a command outside of FG?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yes, you can. You can just point to a file location, and it will play that file. And yes, you can use VLC but then it would only play the file for you. Unless you had some way to send the sound to your players.
    I've used VLC a lot back in the day, with Voicemeeter to send the sound through my microphone. The difference between VLC and Soundpad is that I don't need to use Voicemeeter or Virtual Audio Cable installed because Soundpad does their job already.

Thread Information