DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP 5E D&D need 3 or 4 more for Prince of the Apocalypse

Hello,
    Thanks for checking this out. My name is Brandon and I'm fairly new to DMing and new to FG so bare with me there. My girlfriend and I would love to play D&D but live in no mans land so we purchased FG to be able to play. I have been playing D&D since 3e and she has been playing for about 3 or 4 years now.

FG License: Ultimate
    Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone:EST(eastern standard time) USA

Day of week and time: Would like to play Saturdays or Sundays. Time will be flexible, with also possible games on a weekday if the weekend doesn't work for the group. Weekdays for me are from 6 pm to 930 pm. Saturday is 2 pm to anytime. Sunday anytime to 9:30 pm. We understand a lot can go on with family and plans. Having kids ourselves is why we are flexible on the times.

Planned start date: Depends on when I can get a full party. As I said my girlfriend will be playing and I would like a party of 4 to 5 PC. Also depends on how long it takes me to get through the modules and have a decent understanding of whats going on. I would like to make the group experience the game with little down time because I have to do a lot of reading.

Planned Duration & Frequency: I would like 3 hour sessions maybe longer. Would also like to make games weekly. If some reason a Player can't make it we can try a flex schedule and if that doesn't work will catch you up during the week to be ready for the next session.

Term: This is a long term full campaign. Levels are from 1 to 15. If it works out and we enjoy each other I will be planning more WotC campaigns.

Text or Voice: Will be using voice chat. Discord. Feel free to add aroich5#7940. I honestly prefer voice over text any day.

Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? This will not be recorded or streamed.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Depends on the players and how much they want to talk. I am willing to give information and Roleplay a bit, but also willing to run combat.

Number of Players in game & needed:4 to 5 players. If someone drops would like to pick up people to fill for sure.

Character starting level & equipment:Starting level 1. Will be giving basic starting equipment from PHB. Will be using the point buy system. This helps with people min/max and makes the game little more interesting I think.

Character restrictions:Would like to not have an evil characters. Want a group willing to work together and be willing to share loot.

Details of the scenario:Prince of the Apocalypse is from WotC and I have purchased the module on here. This game seems interesting to me. I will be leaving it more of a sandbox then railroading the campaign. So this might take a little more time for me to familiar myself with everything. Not to strict on rules here. Willing to let people try things within their character limits. I will be giving out some magic items not in this campaign just because I like to tailor them towards characters so the players feel more rewarding. EXP based leveling with some milestones that will earn you experience as well.

Description of the Game Some spoiler but not much:

Called by the Elder Elemental Eye to serve, four corrupt prophets have risen from the depths of anonymity to claim mighty weapons with direct links to the power of the elemental princes. Each of these prophets has assembled a cadre of cultists and creatures to serve them in the construction of four elemental temples of lethal design. It is up to adventurers from heroic factions such as the Emerald Enclave and the Order of the Gauntlet to discover where the true power of each prophet lay, and dismantle it before it comes boiling up to obliterate the Realms.

If your interested please put this info in a post or pm to me.

Day of week and time you can play or are flexible:
    Preferred Class (can put a couple):
    Party Loot is ok ( yes or no):
    Willing to use voice:
    Your preferred ratio to Roleplay & Combat:

This will help me get a group of players that should fit together and last through a campaign.

Again thanks for taking the time to check this out and Hope we can create a fun game together. Feel free to ask any questions on here or message on discord.

Your new DM
    Brandon

I wanted to let people know as of now I have a full group with a couple back ups. I will plan on hosting more Games in the future so your welcome to contact me anyway.
    Last edited by aroich5; December 7th, 2018 at 11:09. Reason: Full group

Looks awesome man. I'm new to fantasy grounds myself. I've been DMing for my local group here and have signed up to hopefully volunteer for TRI at local conventions. I've been thoroughly enjoying 5E so far and would like to try as a player instead of a DM.

Day of week and time you can play or are flexible: Mon through Thur and Sun
    Preferred Class (can put a couple): Ranger or Wizard
    Party Loot is ok ( yes or no): Yes
    Willing to use voice: Yes! Have no idea how to play D&D by texting
    Your preferred ratio to Roleplay & Combat: 50/50

Hi Brandon,

I would be interested in joining your group. I have played through just one module (LMoP) on FG and would like to play more.

Day of Week: Sat/Sunday flex on those days
    Preferred Class: Ranger, Fighter, and if party missing rogue I can fill that role
    Party Loot: yes
    Willing to use voice: yes
    Roleplay to Combat ratio: 25/75 i have a preferrence for exploration and combat. Use roleplay to gather info to get on track.

Cheers.

Day of week and time you can play or are flexible: Prefer weekend afternoons but other days/times may be possible
    Preferred Class (can put a couple): I'm pretty flexible and happy to fill any role but, if possible, I'd like to try a different class that I've never played - Bard, Druid, Monk, Ranger, Rogue, Warlock
    Willing to use voice: Yes
    Your preferred ratio to Roleplay & Combat: 50/50 or any other reasonably split ratio

I've been wanting to get back into playing for awhile now and this seems like a good opportunity. I played in a group about 10 years ago using FG and 3.5e, so my skills might be a little rusty. Most of my time playing was as a DM in 1st Ed, way back when and I think it would be a lot of fun to be part of a good sized group.

Day of week and time you can play or are flexible: My time is pretty limited on week days but I am pretty open most Saturdays and Sundays. Afternoons would work best.
    Preferred Class (can put a couple): I've played mostly Rangers, Paladins and Rogues but I'm very open to trying something new.
    Your preferred ratio to Roleplay & Combat: Really depends on group synergy, some people just aren't into it. I'm cool with 50/50 but leaning heavy on the RP would be cool to.

Hi Brandon,
    I'd love to join if you have space.

Day of week and time you can play: Friday 6pm to whenever, Saturday anytime, Sunday whenever to 9:30pm EST
    Preferred Class (can put a couple): Prefer rogue and wizard, but I often end up playing the healer as few others like to play them
    Party Loot is ok ( yes or no): yes
    Willing to use voice: yes, voice is much preferred so I can do accents
    Your preferred ratio to Roleplay & Combat: 40:60, but I'm flexible

I've been playing D&D for decades, and I'm proficient with fantasy grounds. I used to DM with it, but it took too long to come up with stuff, so I can appreciate what goes into DMing a game and can help with fantasy grounds technical issued if needed.

Hello, I am interested in joining your campaign. This would be my first time playing D&D online or otherwise. My fiancé is a long time player and would be here with me to make things run smoother if you select both of us. He has also applied, Danhoven. Neither of us would be offended if you just took him if you prefer only experienced players, but I would love to join your campaign if you have space for us. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Day of week and time you can play or are flexible:Fridays 6-whenever, Saturdays whenever, Sundays whenever to 9:30
    Preferred Class (can put a couple): spell caster
    Party Loot is ok ( yes or no): yes
    Willing to use voice:yes
    Your preferred ratio to Roleplay & Combat: flexible

Howdy Brandon,

I am interested in giving it a shot if you don't mind a complete noobie. I have never played a game of D&D TT. I have played a lot of the games based on the system (mostly 3rd edition and pathfinder) and I've done nothing but watch games/discussions on D&D for the past few weeks on Youtube. I am willing to learn if you're willing to hold my hand at times while I get familiarized with it.

Day of week and time you can play or are flexible: Weekends, whenever as long as we plan ahead, weekdays are iffy and would have to be later in the evening (7ish-10 Eastern).

Preferred Class (can put a couple): As I have never played a TTRPG I am open to any classes, I think I would prefer either a Paladin or Barbarian for my first game though...

Party Loot is ok ( yes or no): Yes, I think? Sorry not sure what this means, but I am cool with sharing, sharing is caring.

thanks for the consideration, Mykeus.

Day of week and time you can play or are flexible:
    I am open Saturday afternoon or all day Sundays. I will be able to to weeknights/Saturday mornings, but work will occasionally get in the way.
    Preferred Class (can put a couple):
    Wizard is my favorite, but I can play anything that fits the party.
    Party Loot is ok ( yes or no):
    I want a game with 0 loot. J/k party loot is fine, I don't plan on getting all bent out of shape because our fighter found a cool sword.
    Willing to use voice:
    Of course, I have used discord in the paste (since that is what you seem to prefer)
    Your preferred ratio to Roleplay & Combat
    Not to sound cheeky, but depends on how good the roleplay is. Also if I have to speak in character as an actor... not so much. it is one of my weaknesses as a player. If you need someone to act on their characters motives and stuff I am better with that.

Questions:
    How gritty is this campaign? What do you want for your players? Are there any restrictions on races/feats/spells? How much backstory do you want us to prepare? Will we have a Session 0?

Side Note to the DM:
    Have you downloaded any extensions? They are WONDERFUL. There is one were you can request rolls, play sound effects, have health show what you have left versus how much you have lost, death indicators (for dead NPCs), and window saver (which opens up the windows you had last session). If you need help installing them let me know.
    Last edited by ScottUlmer; December 6th, 2018 at 02:54.

Hey, I would be interested in playing. Long time player since ad&d days. Very familiar with 5th Ed. I am a father of 4 and in a close time zone so the time fits ok for me.

Day of week and time you can play or are flexible: 6pm-11pm est any day though Saturdays would be hard to be free every week.

Preferred Class (can put a couple):doesn't matter to me. As the 'always DM' of my group I rarely get to play. Usually play clerics but I'd play anything.

Party Loot is ok ( yes or no): absolutely

Willing to use voice: of course

I missed you every day of my life... Nathan... and every day of yours.
    -Scott Summers

Atlantic Time Zone (GMT -4)
    Old School Gamer

Thread Information