STAR TREK 2d20

Core-based ruleset - Inventory item propagation on equip?

I'm working on a new ruleset built on the CoreRPG framework, and am a bit stuck on one of the features I'm looking at. I've done several rulesets previously but it's been about 6-7 years, and this is my first time working with the CoreRPG set in any detail.

When an item in the inventory window is equipped, I'm looking to propagate some of the relevant item data (several strings and number fields) to another location on the character sheet, and then remove that data when the item is unequipped - can anybody point me to an example on how to do this, assuming it's possible? I've gone into the db for my test campaign and can't even locate a value that is clearly associated with the "Equipped" state in the character inventory list, and can't seem to get my head around the inventory list code to come at it from that side (can't find the cycler).

It seems like the functions should be pretty easy to set up if I can just find the relevant trigger conditions - it's just some getValue/setValue instructions. I'm hoping I can make this work, as the rules use a tag system and being able to have the tags easily visible without having to manually copy them over from the item sheet every time somebody changes armor would be a big time and error saver for my players...

Use the DB package's "addHandler" function to add one or more handlers to the inventory database node which will get control when various things happen to the inventory items... Like when a new one is added, one is deleted, one is updated, etc...

The 5E ruleset and the 3.5E ruleset have hooks they've added to capture when items added to PC sheet that are weapons and/or armor, and perform some other calculations/modifications.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information