STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Assuming that nobody has privately messaged you about the last open slot, I'd be interested in joining. Based on the sounds of it, I'd be the least experienced player at the table; I only have about 3 1/2 years of experience, almost exclusively DMing, though I suppose I've had more playtime with 5e specifically than the others. I'm in the same time zone as you, so despite the early time I'm posting at I shouldn't have any schedule conflicts Thursday evenings between my classes or work.

I've always wanted to try out Tyranny of Dragons, but I've been reluctant to join a public game because I've heard it requires more work on the DM's end but also couldn't really check if that was true without spoiling myself. I read through your original post a few days back (didn't have an account at the time) and thought that you sounded like a good fit to me. Regardless, I held off a few days and seemingly almost missed the opportunity to apply because I didn't check if the thread had multiple pages the other night.

As far as actual character stuff goes, I'm unfortunately not very interested in playing a Rogue, since I'm playing one in a different campaign at the moment (I'll obviously be messaging you all of the information for the character, but for the other players, I'm looking at Sorcerer(seems only fitting) or Warlock(This one is for weird reasons) right now, but I'm not married to it). In an effort to be completely honest with you, I want to forewarn you of three things: Firstly, especially at first, I don't see myself really being good with character voices. I know this wasn't really mentioned in your original post but I figure I should make that point known since most people would look at a DM and expect him/her to be good at and comfortable with making up voices. Secondly, I have been in a HotDQ campaign before, that I joined while the campaign I was a part of at the time was taking a break, but the DM didn't seem to have read the books at all, and only ran about 3 very uneventful sessions before dropping off the face of the earth, and therefore I don't think I have much of any knowledge of the module outside of the first couple of minutes. Thirdly, the character backstory I had in mind is a little weird, and does somewhat rely on the small amount of meta knowledge I have, that mostly being that it is inspired by two of the player backstory choices from the beginning of the module (I can tell you which ones they are but I'm not sure which numbers they are or what page the background options are on in the first place, I just know they exist from other LFG posts for Tyranny of Dragons I've read through in the past), which I did notice you didn't explicitly mention, but I hope that isn't a problem.

I'll be rather busy today and won't be home until this evening to check this thread. However, I will be putting together the character information ASAP to send to you. It seems like you were okay with private messaging, so I'll probably do that if I get approved. If you get the chance, if you reply by like 6-7 PM EST tonight, I should see it (I'm hoping to be home by 8) and will promptly put together my character concept/backstory if I haven't already and send it to you, assuming you're okay with having me in your game. Sorry for being so wordy, I guarantee I probably made this unnecessarily long, but the reply box is pretty small and I was trying to be thorough. Thank you for your consideration.
    Last edited by Epoch; December 5th, 2018 at 10:30.

Epoch - Yes, we do still have the opening. I'm not too concerned about what classes players take. There are ways around the absence of most classes. As far as doing voices, why are you worried about that as a player? The only time I can see players doing voices is if you're a Dwarf (and most players forego the Scottish accent, in my experience) or a half-orc. Either way, it's not a huge concern (and I'm not too great at doing voices either).
    As far as knowledge goes, I read the DMG and MM cover to cover as well as having read through the adventures in this campaign twice (once on a basic readthrough and again as I entered it into FG). I'll also be rereading each adventure to refresh memory before we begin. Additionally, I've read the Core Rulebooks for every major release since AD&D2E, so I even have some info on races that hasn't been released since the late 1990's.
    At any rate, the current lineup is 1 Paladin, 2 Wizards, 1 Monk and two undecided players, one going between Paladin and Bard, the other Warlock and Ranger.
    PM me your player concept if you're still enterested, and I'll PM you a link to the Discord chat room.
    Last edited by Dave0910; December 5th, 2018 at 15:38.

Alright then, sounds good. One of my prior obligations today was cancelled so fortunately I can get to this a little sooner than I expected; I'll be PMing you shortly.

Hi Dave,

I'm bummed that I saw this thread a bit late. I have not played these modules and the campaign you described sounds incredibly fun. I have been playing 5e for a couple years now and have used fantasy grounds for the last year. If you have any cancellations or any other openings become available please give me consideration. Feel free to private message me.

I would not only be willing to play a rogue but quite intrigued by the possibilities. I would strongly consider a Mastermind or Assassin archetype, with a background in one of the factions available. He would essentially be a spy. Half elf, or human/human variant.

I wish you the best of luck with the campaign. I'll cross my fingers that I'm able to join somehow.

Regards,

Zack
    Last edited by ZackT; December 5th, 2018 at 22:25.

Quote Originally Posted by ZackT View Post
    Hi Dave,

I'm bummed that I saw this thread a bit late. I have not played these modules and the campaign you described sounds incredibly fun. I have been playing 5e for a couple years now and have used fantasy grounds for the last year. If you have any cancellations or any other openings become available please give me consideration. Feel free to private message me.

I would not only be willing to play a rogue but quite intrigued by the possibilities. I would strongly consider a Mastermind or Assassin archetype, with a background in one of the factions available. He would essentially be a spy. Half elf, or human/human variant.

I wish you the best of luck with the campaign. I'll cross my fingers that I'm able to join somehow.

Regards,

Zack
    That actually fits the campaign well, and could easily tie the team to one of the factions. I'll definitely keep you in mind.

If anyone's interested, we're still looking for one additional player. We need a healer (or at least some backup for the Paladin). I won't restrict anyone to a class, but we definitely need one with access to healing spells or abilities. You'd be starting at Level 3. Our next game is on Thursday, Jan 3.

The team is still looking for a new healer. We're well stocked, everywhere else. This, again, is not class specific as even a second Paladin could help. PM me or respond on the game calendar under "Tyranny of Dragons (Complete)" if you're interested. The next game is at 6pm, tonight, so if you're able to roll up a character by then, you'll be welcome to join. Otherwise, you'll be starting at level 5, next week.

Thread Information