Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Sorry for the radio silence folks. Life as a PhD student nearing the end of a term did that thing where I had a important deadline come up on me. I should have posted to let people know I would be delaying the player recruitment, but I forgot. That said, if you are still looking for a game and are still interested in this one please post in the thread again (DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE) and I will be in touch over the weekend about arranging a time to chat.

Addressing questions that have been asked:
    1: I know you mentioned PHB + Xanathar's + SCAG as being the only things allowed, but would things from Unearthed Arcana be considered if we ran them by you first? Such as the Unearthed Arcana feats.
    A: No UA.

2: You mentioned that the campaign is suppose to be a couple of months, what is the expected level maximum? I want to make sure I don't plan for something I'm not likely to get to.
    A: Length is purely an estimate or maybe more accurately a hope. I have initial hook and ideas of where things may go after that but my style as a DM is very reactive. What happens next very much depends on what the party does. So that means I do not have a story arc planned and can't say for certain what level will be reached. Pace of leveling will be fast until level 3 then begin to slow down. Leveling is not based on xp, I will have PCs level up as the party accomplishes important things they set out to do (kind of milestone leveling). If the game runs for 4 months played most weeks then we can reasonably expect to about 7th level most likely (no promises).

3: Are there any particular races that are more/less common in your campaign? Such as Dragonborn being incredibly rare.
    A: The region where the game will be starting is mostly human with the other common races from the phb being regularly sighted in cities (smaller communities will vary, some are primarily elven, some human, etc.). Gnomes are also fairly common but the other 'uncommon' races are not frequently seen. You would be more likely to encounter the uncommon races in major cities and important trade centers.

4. What Pantheon are you planning on using?
    A: I have a semi-custom pantheon. I have my own deities I have made but the larger cosmology of the worlds I make allow for other pantheons to co-exist. So if someone wants to be a follower of a Forgotten Realms god that is fine, if they want to work with me to create their own god that is fine too. My preference (out of familiarity and comfort) would be for players to either use FR gods or work with me to create/adjust a god for them.

5. What type of stat array is being used for character creation?
    A: Not certain yet. That will be decided in session zero with the whole group. Also, DO NOT TRY TO JOIN THIS GAME EXPECTING TO PLAY ANY ONE PARTICULAR CHARACTER, YOU MUST BE WILLING TO BE FLEXIBLE (i.e., no I only play sorcerors, or I only play this even paladin. This is a game for you to play something new, not one to replay Bob the Knight in a new re-incarnation.).

Just another bump. Anyone interested (including people who have previously posted in this thread or tried PMing me) please reply to this thread, I hope to talk to people ASAP and start next weekend (Dec 8th) if possible

[QUOTE=DealBreaker;416499]Just another bump. Anyone interested (including people who have previously posted in this thread or tried PMing me) please reply to this thread, I hope to talk to people ASAP and start next weekend (Dec 8th) if possible[/QUOTE

Hi, I have a couple of players that are interested.

Thanks

Hello, I'd be interested in a weekend game. I've been playing D&D for decades, and I'm proficient with fantasy grounds (I DMed with it for about a year). I'm pretty laid back, but dependable, and like to use accents with my characters (fair warning). I'm in EST time zone.

Sounds interesting and the more "realistic" approach to D&D is something that I try to look for in games that I play. Been playing table top RPG's off and on for the last 20 years, experienced with 5e, discord, roll 20, and learning FG now. If you are still recruiting players you can place me on your list as I'd like to chat/know more. Thanks!

This would be perfect for me. I'll edit more later. The house rules sound great and all and I'm MST and Saturdays are my free days

How's it going DealBreaker?

I would love to be considered for your campaign. I think I would be a great fit for the team. I'm 28, a huge sports fan, and currently studying to take the GMAT for graduate school. I have played D&D for about 3 years now, with the last year utilizing fantasygrounds. I am currently playing in a Primeval Thule campaign on Wednesdays, so it shouldn't interfere with a Saturday session. I like the campaign setting in Primeval Thule, but it is a low magic universe (e.g. currently level 10 with only 1 magic item). I have an itch to play a 5e campaign that gets creative with magic item incorporation. Your description of how you handle magic items is very intriguing.

The campaign setting you described seems flush with possibilities for RPing and politicking. I enjoy this aspect of the game and believe, like a movie, it sets up the combat/adventure for a climactic finish. I would be interested to hear more about the general setting and get an idea of your views on interaction within it.

I have experience playing a ranger and paladin, but I am open to playing any character role depending on what direction the team decides to go in. I played a lot of sports growing up so I consider myself to be very much a team player. Flexible and adaptable to whatever the team needs. I don't have a particular preference for playing any specific class so I think I can fit in to any combination the team can come up with.

If you are still looking for players and think I could be a good fit then please message me with more info. I look forward to hearing from you in hopes that I am one of the lucky few chosen.

Kind Regards,

Zack

P.S. I am in PST time zone. Not sure if that makes a difference to you.

Update: I have sent out a few private messages to potential players to chat to see if they will be a good fit for the game. No decisions made yet. Anyone interested should still reply to this thread if they haven't already.

I'd be interested in throwing my hat in the ring for consideration as a player in this campaign. I posted a thread recently (linked below) that tells you a bit about myself and what I'm looking for. Although I indicated that I'm interested primarily in running the pre-written WotC Modules, your homebrew sounds really intriguing and I'd love to explore the possibility of joining on if you'd consider having me. Feel free to send me a PM here or reach out on Discord - Rogich#4211.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...S-Time-Zone-5E

Hey Id be interested in joining. Im new to FG but Iv been role playing for about 18 years now, mostly with D&D but a few other systems under my belt as well.

Iv got a couple of ideas for more Roleplay orientated characters that Id like to bring into life, but Im pretty adaptable and happy to fill in where needed party role wise.

Thread Information