DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Purchased items: Who can use (noob question)

Dear all,

totally new to FG, just reading manual and doing first practices.

When I, as hosting GM, buy new items in the shop (for example monster manual, player handbook ....) are they then available for all players joining my adventure or does everyone need to buy this items?

The GM can share any products they have for the players to use when they are connected to the GM. It’s not recommend to share GM centric content as a whole (MM, DMG, adventures, etc.) but the GM can then share individual records (data, images, maps, etc.) as needed.

You control the availability of player library modules through the module activation screen. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...e_Availability
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 22nd, 2018 at 09:52.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Noonien View Post
    Dear all,

totally new to FG, just reading manual and doing first practices.

When I, as hosting GM, buy new items in the shop (for example monster manual, player handbook ....) are they then available for all players joining my adventure or does everyone need to buy this items?
    Hi Noonien, and welcome to Fantasy Grounds!

If you as GM buy items in the FG shop, you can share them with your players quite easily, as long as they are connected to you. If they want to be abl eto read the material when not connected to you, they'd have to buy their own copies.
    Check out my FG theme - The Coming of Night

FG Ultimate License
    D&D5e-Pathfinder-Savage Worlds

Hi Noonien

Welcome to FG, I hope you enjoy using the program.

Each GM needs their own copy of the books. Having a player in your game who owns the books is not enough.

Sometimes folk get annoyed when they come to change DM/GM and find that the new GM cannot use the books the first one bought to run a campaign. Each GM needs to buy whatever books they need to run.

Of course, you haven't said which game you intend to run. Some games have stripped down versions available that don't cost extra money. If you're prepared to enter the stuff yourself, that is possible but time consuming.

andrew
    Last edited by Ampersandrew; November 22nd, 2018 at 12:52. Reason: Added a bit about entering data yourself

Thanks a lot all for quik answers.
    Understood it
    I plan to play DD5e.
    I am playing D&D since 1979 with nearly the same group, but as more and more friends are moving, it is getting more complicated to organize a local game, so I will give FG a try.

Thread Information