DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Are Pathfinder spells not scripted?

I'm used to running 4E after parsing the WotC data, where basically everything is scripted out where you just drag a spell effect onto the target and everything automatically calculates, damage is rolled, status effects applied, etc. I just picked up the Pathfinder ruleset in the sale, made a couple of characters to familiarize myself with it, opened the library to drag and drop Mage Armor onto a character's action page, then dragged and dropped Mage Armor from their action page onto a target and promptly nothing whatsoever happened. The log showed that the spell had been cast on the target, but their AC didn't budge. Does this ruleset not support the same degree of automation as the 4E ruleset? That's a hefty downgrade if that's the case.

In 4E, you still had to apply each action separately (attack, damage, heal, effect). It is similar for Pathfinder/3.5E; however, it has slightly less automation for automatic parsing of spells due to sheer volume of content and variances. 4E was actually easier to automatically parse power descriptions, since the goal of 4E was creating standard text layouts for powers. It's probably the main thing I miss about 4E, is that everything was more easily automated.

Just add the attack/damage/heal/effect actions you need for each spell. The effect for mage armor is "AC: 4 armor".

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information