FG Spreadshirt Swag

Puzzle Game "The Room" puzzle question

Have any of you played the app game "The Room?" It's an escape puzzle game where you have to unlock and open puzzle boxes. What are these mechanical / mystical puzzle containers called? And do any of you have any resources from any ruleset that can be used in game to simulate these puzzles?

the room games are all just PB. Red, Green, Blue, and every variant after to the real world "escape" games. you just need 1 way to get out and that being the only way and force the players to have to figure out that way... there is no ruleset bits for it, just railroad.

Blog Entries
    As far as I know, 'puzzle box' is the common term. Wikipedia says they are also called 'secret boxes' and 'trick boxes' I guess you could find a foreign (Japanese) language name for them if you wanted something else.

As for puzzles in an RPG, I'm always very weary. Not aware of much in the way of mechanics. I'm sure you could adapt the skill challenges from D&D 4E. I would also suggest you look into the Three Clue Rule to make sure their is always more than one way to solve a mystery. Also, make sure you determine if you are going to require player or character knowledge to solve the puzzle, and if your players enjoy puzzles or not.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information