5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Combat tracker layout issues in W.O.I.N.

This is for the N.E.W./W.O.I.N. ruleset.

A few weeks ago, I ran a short session using The Fall of Somerset Landing to get a feel for the system. We didn't experience any errors (other than the Luck dice pool using the Luck stat instead of the dice pool).

Today, I tried to start a mini-campaign and we encountered a major problem: Something that's changed in the last month has broken the client combat tracker; everything is fine on the server. Tokens don't show up in the client CT, and the client CT itself doesn't populate entries properly (the names are outside the window/box for them).

Any time you try to do anything in the client CT (adjust the size of the CT, for instance) or the server does something (moves through the initiative), the same error is generated:

Ruleset Error: window: Control(name) anchoring to an undefined control (token) in windowless (client_ct_entry).

We noticed really strange tokens behavior today, too (some clients were downloading all the tokens from the server, some were only seeing what was updated in the server CT...so if I dragged a token onto the CT, it downloaded the token to some clients).

We tested against a vanilla MoreCore session and did not see the CT problems.

The server was tested on Mac Parallels (Windows 10) and on the Mac OS (Mojave) side. Same problem.

The clients involved were Macs and Windows (7 & 10). Everyone was running the same updated version.
    Last edited by PhilAdams; November 12th, 2018 at 00:00.

Would I be able to fall back to an older version to fix this? I could've sworn I tried the previous version but still had problems.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilAdams View Post
    Would I be able to fall back to an older version to fix this? I could've sworn I tried the previous version but still had problems.
    possibly loading CoreRPG 3.3.5 might "fix" it.
    but unless you have a saved copy you cannot rollback.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilAdams View Post
    No joy. Yikes. This just about cripples the software (the console pops up with every action inside the CT. I'll have to either migrate to pure MoreCore and lose the automations or switch up campaigns. I'd been hoping to wait for the official Conan FG release before starting my Conan campaign, but that doesn't seem imminent, either.

Thanks, damned!
    the next MoreCore release has a couple of new features that work really nicely for Conan/2d20 (but that is topic for another thread).

Sweet! Thanks!

Moved these posts out of the Traveller bug thread to its own thread in the House of Healing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks! Sorry about that!

Thread Information