STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    So where does the secondary SWD ruleset come in? Is it included in the SavageWorlds ruleset to enable switching between rules? Then only the separately purchased SWADE ruleset comes with the actual SWADE books?

So basically, if you already own the SavageWorlds ruleset in FG and buy SWADE in print or pdf (or heck, even just make do with the rules changes stuff PEG will make available for free), you will be able to play anything using SWADE in a similar manner as you can currently play say 50 Fathoms in FG without purchasing the FG product from the FG store. If you want the SWADE reference books in FG, then you will need to pay a small fee to acquire them. If you are an existing owner, it probably boils down to how much you use the reference material within FG during a game. I've been playing Savage Worlds on FG for a long time. I run settings all the time that don't have an official FG product available. The ruleset is far more mature now then when I first starting using it 10 years ago, but old habits die hard. I generally refer to the books offline (pdfs on my iPad these days) rather than in FG while playing or GM'ing (screen real estate is already the biggest challenge when playing in FG and I don't need to clutter it up with another window when I can easily reference the material elsewhere). I've already backed the Kickstarter for SWADE and from everything I'm hearing I wouldn't need to purchase the SWADE ruleset from FG. I will do so to support FG and Ikael because I think $10 is a small price to pay for the incredible gift they are giving us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    Like mentioned, there will be two separate products with following content

Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition (what you can already get from the store)

• SavageWorlds ruleset
    • SWD ruleset
    • SWD GM module
    • SWD PG module

Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (upcoming new store item)
    • SavageWorlds ruleset
    • SWADE GM module
    • SWADE PG module
    • SWADE Theme (not decided/designed yet)

Technically speaking SWD ruleset is dependent on SavageWorlds ruleset because it layers on top of it. Because of this Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition store item will provide it. Basically the same baseline ruleset (SavageWorlds) is provided by both store items for technical reasons. If you want to get full experience of SWADE recommendation is to purchase the new store item.
    Thank you for this visual explanation of the SWADE, SWD and SavageWorlds! Now it is clear.

The most important question for me: What happens with the existing settings and modules? If I buy Deadlands and Beasts and Barbarians now, will I be able to use it in the SWADE, or I have to buy the SWD?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Thank you for this visual explanation of the SWADE, SWD and SavageWorlds! Now it is clear.

The most important question for me: What happens with the existing settings and modules? If I buy Deadlands and Beasts and Barbarians now, will I be able to use it in the SWADE, or I have to buy the SWD?
    In my first announcement I wrote: "All existing modules such as settings and adventures will be usable with both rulesets." Basically this means all existing SavageWorlds store items will be usable in current ruleset and upcoming new one.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    If I buy Deadlands and Beasts and Barbarians now, will I be able to use it in the SWADE, or I have to buy the SWD?
    The goal is for all the existing DLC to be compatible. That said, PEG has already stated they will be doing an all-new SWADE version of Deadlands. I'm not sure if the discussion has taken place yet on whether the existing setting DLC and its GM and Player Guides will be upgraded or if it will be a separate product.

Thanks for the clarifications, really great! Does not sound like a shady scheme to me
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thanks for the info!

I was wondering if the new ruleset will be an expansion on what already is or will it be a new ruleset maybe built on CoreRPG?

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I was wondering if the new ruleset will be an expansion on what already is or will it be a new ruleset maybe built on CoreRPG?
    Details are in post #1.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I apologize if I'm behind the times on this as I haven't been keeping up with FG SW developments lately. Last I used it I seem to recall the Savage Worlds Enhancement Extensions provided a lot of improvements over the core files. Will the enhancement extension no longer be needed with the new SWADE rule set?

I suspect they will still be needed, the enhancements are really for GMs making modules/adventures they are not required for the Savage Worlds ruleset per-se, in fact I do not run them in my game campaign but only in campaigns I use to create modules.

Please note this is my opinion and that Ikael's decision will be "official"
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information