STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Orsalak View Post
    I apologize if I'm behind the times on this as I haven't been keeping up with FG SW developments lately. Last I used it I seem to recall the Savage Worlds Enhancement Extensions provided a lot of improvements over the core files. Will the enhancement extension no longer be needed with the new SWADE rule set?
    Seems you have been long away from Savaging

Originally Savage Worlds Enhancement Extensions were made to alter core ruleset files and provide new features and core functionality, however that was time before I took the main ruleset developer role. Little by little Enhanced Extension features have been incorporated into the core ruleset itself so you do not need them to get core functionality anymore. That what the current ruleset already have, SWADE will be no different.

The only extension that is not and will not be incorporated into the core ruleset is Enhanced Library extension. That's what Doswelk is referring to. The main purpose of that extension is to provide toolset for users to create content and modules for the ruleset.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

So glad to hear the Enhanced Library extension will be maintained. I use it all the time and can't imagine life without it.

I'm happy to hear this is in the pipeline. I just got my FG back up and running and I'm trying to digest the new edition of SWADE anyway. Super excited to hear that my existing material will be kept relevant. The prices for the new stuff (If they stay around what''s listed here) also are really affordable. I look forward to seeing new developments on this!

Blog Entries
    Considering the SWD ruleset is one of the best online rulesets, I'd happily pay another 10 bucks to get a fully endowed SWADE rule set with all those bells and whistles (chases, semi-automated combat, etc.). With many new developer hours going into it, one can hardly call it a rip-off.

I am very much looking forward to see SWADE in FG.
    Savage Musketeer Roleplaying with a horrific twist: All for One - Régime Diabolique for Savage Worlds is available on the FG store now!

Will there be a functionality to convert existing modules to SWADE rules upon loading, mainly for NPCs (like in the Call of Cthulhu 7e ruleset)?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

You won't need it SWD NPCs will work in SWADE without conversion
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Is this valid also for the links in their profile pointing to their Edges/Hindrances/Creature Abilities? I heard a lot of changes in that direction in SWADE.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Is this valid also for the links in their profile pointing to their Edges/Hindrances/Creature Abilities? I heard a lot of changes in that direction in SWADE.
    I doubt it would point to the SWADE edges as all the links are coded in the xml of each product. That said you could load the SWD modules so the links work, but would point to the SWD version of the edges.

Special abilities and new hindrances edges would be stored in that product / setting guide.

I ran my first SWADE game last Tuesday (using the pre-alpha FG SWADE ruleset), all I did was look up the edge in SWADE if I did not know what it did, most edges and hindrances are automated anyway
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    There is no need to "convert" NPC stat blocks. You can use them as they are with SWADE. What comes with links, they are not converted but new SWADE modules will replace SWD links if you have SWADE modules activated and have left SWD modules inactivated. In this case if you open SWD link in old module it will actually open SWADE module link. This "replace" is old feature in FG and was first time used when SWEX was updated to SWD.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

SWADE beta-testing has begun

Read more from here.

Thread Information