STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Token bags...

Token bags...

With the number of tokens people can have is the a way to replace the little baggies with the icon of the module/token pack/portrait pack they come from?

everything is a leather pouch. That is cute, but useless when you have to hover over a bunch of things to try to find the token from a specific bag when the names don't appear until you hover over the little bags. it is just a bunch of disorganized bags on the screen.

Since modules load with the thumbnail image, is there a way to get those thumbnail images into the tokens window to see which "set" of tokens or what have you you are looking at without having to hover over them to read the module name?

so instead of these baggies

you see the module thumbnails:

Attached Images Attached Images

Don't know if the graphics can be replaced but I found this documentation about the tokens bags.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

that looks like the bags are hard-coded to a single image. loading a module won't change the bag to the modules thumbnail without recoding the engine FG uses to display the bags in either tokens/portraits/etc?

whatever bag is present in the ruleset/them will be the only bag used?

but it is 6am and that page probably means stick that code into the tokens definition.xml file somewhere to alter the bag image for the token set, and my brain is just reading it as mush instead...

maybe if i sleep then wake up i will try messing with that later.

There is no mechanism to change the bag icons. It’s a single graphic assigned by the ruleset.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There is no mechanism to change the bag icons. It’s a single graphic assigned by the ruleset.
    That's too bad, maybe you could consider adding it to the todo list for future updates (or FGU)?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    That's too bad, maybe you could consider adding it to the todo list for future updates (or FGU)?
    You can add it to the list here; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

Regards,
    JPG
    That is disappointing. Since the thumbnails are in FG, it shouldnt be too hard to override that theme setting and force the mod/ppk/etc icon to replace those bags. wouldn't require anyone to edit a theme to fix either, just that part is no longer functioning form themes because it is done in a more intuitive and useful manner as the package icons rather than the One Bag To Rule Them All.

from the looks of Z's documentation, and the nature of the bags each having a "title" or "name" when you finally DO hover over them, they obviously have individual controls that would allow the image to be added to a table, and then display instead of the theme set image for the bags.

would greatly improve functionality and usability of the token/portrait, etc system that uses those "bags" and its selection window.

Thread Information