Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Is it possible that the players have the tokens cached still?
    Cleared player cache after the token clearing from host. New memory levels

Core + Armory = 3011
    Core = 2230
    None loaded = 182

Core Rules Memory Usage = 2230
    Armory Memory Usage = 599

Not much change after token purge. Something is still going on that is having the player side hold a huge amount of data in memory

Blog Entries
    Player side client handles memory different than the GM side. It's part of the legacy architecture. Player clients open every image into session even if the player never opens the image or token.

So, every image in the Core Rules is opened by the players, even though the GM doesn't open them into RAM until they are actually used. That's why I said you need to have the Dev looking into reducing the images. If they have to reduce them enough, they might want to provide a high res images only module. i.e. the regular module would have only low res images, then make a separate module so the GM can access the high res version and share individual images as desired.

I would suggest you post in the SF bug thread and link back to these posts.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I will do that, thank you!

I have it posted on the bug thread and it was acknowledged on testing they did, that the Starfinder core was pulling 2200M and Armor was pulling almost 700M. It may have to do with the size and number of images embedded in the rulesets.
    Last edited by shartahl; November 8th, 2018 at 22:26.

I have this happening on the GM side as well... But not starfinder, Castles and crusades and savage worlds. I even created a new campaign and just sat there while I watched the memory climb not doing anything. Once it hits 3.58GB boom bad allocations. I was using the 64 bit guy fine but it seems it was turned off during an update or an I mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by vainazzo View Post
    I even created a new campaign and just sat there while I watched the memory climb not doing anything.
    If all you did was create a new campaign, without opening any library modules, the cause will more than likely be tokens you have in your FG /tokens directory - these are all loaded by the GM instance of FG when the GM starts the campaign. How many tokens do you have, and what is the total file size of them?

The 64-bit experimental application had issues (primarily around image unmasking) and so has been withdrawn for the time being.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have this happening on the GM side as well... But not starfinder, Castles and crusades and savage worlds. I even created a new campaign and just sat there while I watched the memory climb not doing anything. Once it hits 3.58GB boom bad allocations. I was using the 64 bit guy fine but it seems it was turned off during an update or an I mistaken?
    the 64bit client has been withdrawn, yes. For the DM to have this issue is very unusual and is generally caused by having too many tokens in the tokens/host folder. Given that you are saying this is happening in a new campaign that is the likely cause in your case since normally there would also be open modules and graphics as well to be considered.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    the 64bit client has been withdrawn, yes. For the DM to have this issue is very unusual and is generally caused by having too many tokens in the tokens/host folder. Given that you are saying this is happening in a new campaign that is the likely cause in your case since normally there would also be open modules and graphics as well to be considered.
    so I loaded up a fresh new castles and crusades campaigns. NO MODULES LOAD. Once I get the screen pop that you get with new campaigns. I'm showing fantasy grounds is already pulling 3.4 gigs. that is with no modules loaded.

My shared token size is 358mb
    I'm running on a laptop.
    i7 6th gen
    16 gigs of ram.

That's actually huge for tokens. How many individual tokens do you have in there?

Simple way to see if these are the issue: move all of the token files off to somewhere outside of the FG \tokens and then reload FG.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    so I loaded up a fresh new castles and crusades campaigns. NO MODULES LOAD. Once I get the screen pop that you get with new campaigns. I'm showing fantasy grounds is already pulling 3.4 gigs. that is with no modules loaded.

I'm running on a laptop.
    i7 6th gen
    16 gigs of ram.

Note, the ~3.5GB issue is a limit with memory addressing of every 32 bit application, not just FG. It doesn't matter how much RAM you have in your computer or your processor, it is an architectural limit of 32-bit architecture. (Note, if you are running a 32 bit application on a 32 bit operating system, the limit is about 1.3GB. On a 64-bit OS the limit is about 3.5. These numbers are not set in stone, each OS will vary these numbers slightly as well as they can be modified with tweaks to the OS, but they are hard limits.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information