DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Rotating Image Windows

How tough would it be to allow image windows to be rotated? Such an extension would have to account for map pins, tokens, etc knowing their new places, so it's more about rotating the window and not just the image. Thoughts?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Not possible in an extension. The API can't do all the things you list.

The one possible solution(ish) I can think of is to rotate the image outside of FG (I have thought about calling an external app through a FG URL class to do this), but then all of the tokens, pins and encounter placements will be screwed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Not possible in an extension. The API can't do all the things you list.

The one possible solution(ish) I can think of is to rotate the image outside of FG (I have thought about calling an external app through a FG URL class to do this), but then all of the tokens, pins and encounter placements will be screwed.
    Thx, that's what I was thinking.

The math to change/update all the pin/token coordinates is pretty straight forward and could be calculated. But if you ever lost the state of the rotated image then your coordinates would all be off.

Plus, rotating outside of FG wouldn't work for encrypted modules right?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The math to change/update all the pin/token coordinates is pretty straight forward and could be calculated. But if you ever lost the state of the rotated image then your coordinates would all be off.
    You can't change pin locations through the API - only tokens (once they're added).

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Plus, rotating outside of FG wouldn't work for encrypted modules right?
    Correct.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Thanks again. For anyone else, their is an existing enhancement on the wishlist you can vote for; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=109544

Thread Information