DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    +100 for using MoreCore and skipping the coding!
    It is very likely that I end up creating a theme for MoreCore instead of learning to code FG.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Szabtom View Post
    It is very likely that I end up creating a theme for MoreCore instead of learning to code FG.
    Both are good projects... and they both have their own challenges... I believe in you whichever way you go!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Both are good projects... and they both have their own challenges... I believe in you whichever way you go!
    *thumbsup*

Well, I am doing this with a practical goal in mind, which is to have a fnatasy theme and character sheet for a Swords and Wizardry campaign that I am going to start in January.
    Ultimately, I would like to use MoreCore.

To start, I am creating a Swords and Wizardry character sheet in the base CoreRPG ruleset. It it almost finished. Realistically, this is what I expect we will use in the game when we start.
    I like the looks of the ruleset, so we will be ready to go at this point.

I have also read some forum topics, wiki and downloaded a few community guidelines. I also watched some of your videos (nine slices, basic theme extension).

The ambitious goal is to create a theme for CoreRPG, and then MoreCore. MoreCore does not have a generic fantasy theme yet, so I think this is sorely needed. I am considering using some of the 5th ed image resources/assets, I quite like the theme. I know this is problematic to share, so I might create two versions, one for sharing without propriety graphics, and another one for my home use.

When the theme is done, I would like to create S&W character sheet template in MoreCore.
    While doing that, I may find that I would like to tweak something, so that could lead me to dabble in the coding part. But that is really far down the line.

Blog Entries
    If you need some help when it gets to the MoreCore part just holler. Am happy to look at what you need...
    There is also the Winter Is Coming theme for MoreCore.

winter-is-coming.jpg
    more-winter-is-coming.jpg

Thanks!
    Quick question. Probably too early but I am curious. Is the text/title on the menu buttons a graphical element or text element? I am referring to the Options, Combat Tracker, Modifiers, etc. button, as well as the Library shortcut buttons in the bar on the right.

edit to clarify.

Are those button names moddable as text or have to use an image which shows the text?

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately they are graphics. It is hard to keep the text in the right spot on the graphics with the way that the sidebar elements can get shrunk down depending on number of elements and screen size.
    Most of my newer themes use Text buttons instead.

I see. I will dig into that more later. Thanks.

Thread Information