STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Fire resistance

Fire resistance

Hello

I try to put up an effect for fire shield (chill) and so I need an effect for the fire resistance where fire damage is halved. I tried RESIST: fire, but this doesn't work, only when I put a number there like RESIST: 10 fire. I assumed that it is interpreted as half damage when there is no number; is there any way to put up an effect like that?

Thank you very much

Best wishes,

Kelrugem

Blog Entries
    "RESIST: fire" should work. Double check your spelling/typing. If it's still not working, post a screen shot and we will take a look.

Also, for reference with other effects make sure to reference; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for your answer Maybe I am blind but it still doesn't work; I attached a photo with several fire attacks (I also tried that with attacks from other persons)
    fire.png

Blog Entries
    Looks right to me. Headed out for family dinner. Will try to test this when I get back if no one else has been able to help before then. But if we're out too late may not be able to until tomorrow.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Looks right to me. Headed out for family dinner. Will try to test this when I get back if no one else has been able to help before then. But if we're out too late may not be able to until tomorrow.
    Thank you very much for your kind help There is no hurry, have fun at the dinner

I've also tried it now in a test campaign where no extension is loaded and still it doesn't work; so it is at least not a problem of a extension

Your first post had the correct idea; you just missed out a comma. It should be RESIST: 10, fire.

I have tested this and it works (not a pathfinder person - I could not actually find a way to add an effect other than to type it directly into the CT). RESIST: fire on it's own doesn't work - I assume that will be because in Pathfinder (unlike 5e) you don't have a thing where resistance is just a straight half damage thing.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I assume that will be because in Pathfinder (unlike 5e) you don't have a thing where resistance is just a straight half damage thing.
    You assume correct fella.

Info on energy resistance in Pathfinder here: https://aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?Name=E...al%20Abilities

There isn't anything in the PFRPG ruleset that halves damage based off a specific attack (only the half on successful save code). You'll have to manually work it out I'm afraid.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you very much Ah okay, then I was correct In 3.5 one has also the mechanic for halving the damage of some energy type, but I only know of fire shield at the moment where this happens; so it is not much to correct manually Didn't know that this is differently in Pathfinder

Thread Information