FG Spreadshirt Swag

LFP: C&C Long Term, Text-Based Campaign

I'm looking for one or two more players interested in participating in a long term C&C campaign, set in the East March of Aihrde. Here's the info:

FG License: GM has Ultimate License.
    Game System: C&C

Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone
    Day of the Week: Sundays
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly, 3 - 4 hours.
    Term: Long term sandbox

Text or Voice: i.e. Text ONLY.
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No.

Roleplay & Combat mix: i.e. 60/40
    Number of Players in game & needed: We have 3 players, and desire at least 1, possibly 2, more.
    Character starting level & equipment: Depending on the timing of your arrival, you'd start at either 1st or 2nd level (likely 2nd), to align with where the PCs were themselves at that point.
    Character restrictions: Any class or race out of the Player's Guide. But please note: this is a comparatively low fantasy setting and humans represent the vast majority of population.

Scenario details: OK, so here's the sales pitch. We're looking for people who are mature gamers and who can commit to a long term campaign. Consistency is important, although we all understand if something comes up from time to time. The expectation is that you will inform the group in advance if you're unable to join us, providing me (the DM) with an opportunity to figure out whether to proceed with or postpone the session. Our group has been together for about 18 months. In general, things work well because common courtesy is observed. If our sessions were a movie, I'd rate them PG-13 (possibly R for occasional use of harsh language from time to time). They're definitely not NC-17; and X rated is right out of the question. If all this sounds promising then please keep reading. We're friendly, and you should be too. We're also new to C&C, so other C&C new-comers are definitely welcome. Some experience in D&D (any edition, but particularly AD&D 1e or 2e) would be desirable, but certainly isn't a deal-breaker. Our selection of C&C for our current campaign came about in part because of an interest in trying to recapture some of the "look and feel" from old AD&D games. And we're doing it all in text because ... we're terrible voice actors! Actually, that's not true. We're doing it in text because we're into the narrative elements of story-telling, and want to go deep with character development and "theatre of the mind". For us, text-based role-playing helps support those goals. By now, it's probably clear that this campaign is not for everyone. This is not the right campaign for murder hobos. This is not the right campaign for rules lawyers - we're pretty laid back about rules. Although ... a quick word on that: we all agree that rules are important and need to be clear. If I'm unsure, I'll make a decision in real time, explain it (but not debate it), and then research it after the session in more detail. This is not the right campaign if you're worried about max/min'ing your attributes. Still reading ...? Then please find a link below to our game calendar page. It'll give you the opening description for our story. If you're interested, then I'd ask you please to PM me - I won't respond to players who just sign up on the calendar page. That's worth saying again: please PM me; I won't respond to players who just sign up on the calendar page. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on C&C, the campaign, and why you think you'd be a good fit. We can also talk a bit out PC creation. I'm happy to help answer questions, in case anything here is unclear, or I've left anything important out. Thanks for reading!

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=3220
    Last edited by Logan-05; November 3rd, 2018 at 18:45.

We’re full now. Thanks for the interest.

Thread Information