5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Settlement / Resource Management reccomendations.

Hello everyone and happy spook day! I am looking for sourcebook or other information on how to incorporate resource management, government management and settlement management. My pirate players are more or less banished and have found a hidden volcanic island with modest resources on it (wood, water, food, copper and iron ore). They want to build a small settlement that will eventually turn into a thriving hamlet and trading outpost. I'm looking for books and other information that I can draw inspiration from to create my own set of rules. I play 5th edition but I don't mind converting other rulesets. Thank you!

The best settlement stuff ever in my opinion is in Pathfinder Ultimate Campaign Guide. It should work with little to no modification for 5e.

If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I use the kingdoms mod that Zacchaeus linked and it is pretty good. It has its quirks and is definitely exploitable if you have a bad rules lawyer. But so long as everyone cooperates, it is flexible enough for me to have a pirate's hidden cove, a knight's estate with supporting hamlet and specialized horse breeder, a large town with a winery and major trade routes. Which are all very different styles of provinces but they all come out ok and the players are having fun.

Prior to this I used the rules in the BECMI/Rules Cyclopedia, which does not have a FG module. This is much more comprehensive and nitpicky, but will appeal to people who want a more sim-kingdom style scenario. I have not seen the pathfinder ultimate campaign guide, but I'll be looking that up.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    I have not seen the pathfinder ultimate campaign guide, but I'll be looking that up.
    The 5E Kingdoms product is heavily based on the kingdom building rules from Ultimate Campaign - which take, and expand upon, the rules first introduced in the Pathfinder Kingmaker adventure path.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there a print or PDF version of the 5E Kingdoms product or is it an FG only resource?

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Is there a print or PDF version of the 5E Kingdoms product or is it an FG only resource?
    https://www.makeyourgamelegendary.co...n/kingdoms-5e/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information