Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP 4-6 Players Sunday 1pm MST - 5E Lost Mine of Thanesdelve

Post here or PM with character outline and your preferred play style if interested.

FG License:
    Standard (Sorry, no Demo/Free licenses at this time)
    Game System: Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition

Time Zone: Mountain Time (GMT-7)
    Day of week and time: Sunday starting at 1.00pm.
    Planned start date: Already Running, party is level 3.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 4-hour session, Weekly.
    Term: Medium term to 7th level.

Text or Voice: Voice required.
    Voice software used: Discord, private server.
    Recording/Streaming: No. Please no recording or streaming.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 30% RP, 30% Combat, 30% Exploration.
    Number of Players needed: 4 to 6 players needed.
    Character starting level & equipment: 3rd-level, starter equipment.
    Character restrictions: PHB (Array or Point Buy, Feats, Multiclassing), VGM (monstrous races would need a discussion), XGE.

Optional Rules:
    Boss creatures have max hp.
    Modified Creatures: Many creatures will have additional abilities, e.g. Spellcasting or Feats.
    Scroll Mishaps Boom! (DMG p140).
    More Difficult Magic Item identification Requires Identify spell, research or help from an NPC (DMG p136).
    Magic items have limited charges and don't recharge automatically (DMG p141).
    Slow Natural Healing: Beta-testing, may remove if it doesn't play well (DMG p267).
    Healer's Kit Dependency: Spending any HD during a Short Rest requires a use of a healer's kit (DMG p266).

Homebrew:
    Inspiration can be used to avoid Instant Death.
    Dragonborn normally appear like a large human, but happy to discuss this.
    Healer's Kit can be used to allow an unconscious character to benefit from a Short Rest.
    Magic Item Scaling: Certain items may scale according to character level and special quests.

Details of the scenario: A homebrew world that pulls from all my favorite sources (Dragonlance, Warcraft, Fighting Fantasy). Heroic, classic D&D. The adventure is based on a remix of Lost Mine of Phandelver and Forge of Fury. Set in the City of Stonegate and its hinterlands, adventurers come seeking the Lost Mine, but they are not alone – an ancient cult also wishes to discover the secrets buried in the mine. Following in the footsteps of the legendary dwarven explorer, Gundren Rockseeker, it's now a race against time to see who can claim the secrets of the Lost Mine of Thanesdelve.

Session 0 will be used to expand on character backgrounds and find some hooks for the adventure as well as any personal side-quests or storylines you may wish to include.

Clean language is preferred and respect for fellow players is very important. Progression is XP-based rather than milestone. No PvP.

Link to Game Calendar page: Fantasy Grounds Calendar
    Last edited by Magraff; January 21st, 2019 at 16:21.

hello, my name is kyle, I played DND heavy in high school at the 3.0-3.5 editions. Usually played a rogue and sometimes as a cleric. I haven't had heavy roleplaying experience though aside from video games. most of our homebrews were murder hobo campaigns. I've always wanted more depth to my games but lack the appropriate DMs. I'm totally intrigued by your homebrew rules. I would prefer to use discord but I will acquire whatever program is necessary.

Hi Kyle!

Sounds good - I'm very open to players wanting their characters to be more connected to the world via goals we can weave into the story. It's still D&D though, so a certain amount of muderhoboism is expected (quest driven of course), but creative alternatives would be great to see! I can certainly look into setting up a Discord server.

The campaign should be very homebrew rules-lite, just some optional rules I was considering, but will get some feedback from players too. I like to offer dragonborn to appear as a big human if preferred. I might edit the original post to group these better.

Cheers,

Mag

Hi All,

Added Xanathar's to the allowed books.

Cheers,

Mag

I'd be interested in a spot if one is available

we have 8 players in the calender now

Hi All,

Looks like we are good to go for Sunday! Very much looking forward to meeting everyone and talking up character creation.

I'll update the calendar entry with voice server details soon (either the FG TeamSpeak or a Discord server).

Cheers,

Mag

Huzzah! Looking forward to meeting you all on Sunday, and super excited for this game!

I added may name / character to the list. Please consider me as an alternate player.
    Name: David R Campbell
    Timezone: CDT
    Experience Roleplaying: A lot of 1E way back when it was the only E. Got back in with 5E about 3 years ago. Been playing 5E face-2-face and on Roll20 since then.
    Character 1 Race/Class: Gnome Wizard Evoker
    Character 2 Race/Class: Human Paladin Oath of Devotion
    Character 3 Race/Class: Halfling (DEX-base) Paladin Oath of the Ancients
    In three sentences tell me about yourself: I work so much, 5E is my only social contact. I like to play characters that are myself, but much better. Sometimes I have too much fun and slip into meta-game talk, but I'm trying to break that habit.
    My favorite book: "The Stars My Destination" by Alfred Bester, or "The Deed of Paksennarion" by Elizabeth Moon.

Hi David!

Thanks for applying. We may have a full team, just need to get the final numbers so to speak, but I will absolutely let you know if there's space!

Cheers,

Mag

Thread Information