DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Settings summary?

I've just picked up the Savage Worlds ruleset recently and quite frankly I'm a bit out of my depth as to which setting to use. Is their some sort of idiots guide/comparison sheet for the various settings availble with fantasy grounds?

Welcome to savage worlds, so many settings, so little time.
    I am not sure there is an answer that isn't subjective. Maybe search you tube for reviews of the settings and see what grabs your fancy.

hope that helps a little
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Right, to expand on the previous answer, there is no guide to Savage Worlds settings that I'm aware of. There are so many settings and the ones available for purchase on FG are just a fraction of all the ones available for Savage Worlds that you may want to at least decide what genre you are interested in most to give people more to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    There are so many settings and the ones available for purchase on FG are just a fraction of all the ones available for Savage Worlds that you may want to at least decide what genre you are interested in most to give people more to work with.
    My peeps are mainly interested in Sci-fi & fantasy (not at the same time though ). Just now one of my group is near the end of their current campaign and I'm looking to present them with the options soonish so I can get a crack on with the reading/prep before it ends, so I'm not looking for an in depth analysis just enough to say well X setting is basicly fantasy with blah blah

It's just there's so many options is just hard to know where to start.
    Last edited by Calum; October 29th, 2018 at 16:27.

For Fantasy "Lankhmar: City of Thieves" is a classic setting and is on sale this week - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...EGFGSWLANKHMAR

For SF "The Last Parsec" is very decent and well-supported - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...?id=PEGFGSWTLP

That should be a good jumping-off point.

For fantasy settings:

Beast & Barbarians - sort of Conan

Hellfrost - fantasy in an ice age

Lankhmar: City of Thieves - gritty fantasy in Fritz Leiber's world of swords & sorcery.

Evernight: a dark fantasy setting

Sundered Skies: Fantasy setting where the world exploded, and travel is done by airship.

Winter Eternal: Fantasy & Steampunk in a world where the sun exploded centuries ago.

That shoul be a good selection to start with.

Welcome to Savage Worlds!

To add to the above suggestions, there's also 50 Fathoms.... It has probably one of the best plot point campaigns for SaWo, and it's available from the FG store.
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

Blog Entries
    One easy method to look at some of the official settings would be to visit peginc.com and just mouseover the Store link at the top. For third-party stuff, I'd probably say hit up DriveThruRPG and select Savage Worlds and browse the crazy amount of stuff that's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by dstuffle View Post
    For fantasy settings:

Beast & Barbarians - sort of Conan

That shoul be a good selection to start with.
    B&B rocks btw as far as fantasy settings go...

Thread Information